Chapter 2

You woke up to the sound of rain hitting your window. This is great. My first day in Tanbarun and it has to be a drowsy day, you thought to yourself. You dragged yourself out of bed to make it to breakfast in time. No matter how much you didn't feel like it, you had to try to get to know Prince Raji.

When you sat down to eat breakfast with the first prince, there was an awkward silence. You had the feeling already that this was going to be difficult.

"So how was your journey here, Princess y/n?" Prince Raji broke the silence.

"Oh, um... it was pleasant. The weather was nice." You noticed Sakaki standing in the corner of the room, watching you two. He seemed to be intensely focused on Prince Raji. He didn't let anything distract him, and he didn't seem to let his mind wander for a moment. How could anybody do that without getting bored? He was very good at his job, but there was something about him that just wasn't right.

"That's good to hear," Prince Raji responded. "Did you rest well last night?"

"Yes, I did. Thank you, Prince Raji." Prince Raji glanced back at Sakaki nervously, like he wanted help with what to say next, but Sakaki just stared at him. Though the attendant's facial expression stayed the same, he seemed to be saying "I can't help you with this one. You're on your own."

"That's good. By the way, you don't have to call me Prince. Just call me Raji."

"And you can call me y/n." Boy, was Raji awkward.

"Would you like to see the herb garden?" Raji asked.

You didn't particularly like herbs, or gardens for that matter, but you agreed to go see the garden anyway. Raji led you out to the garden and Sakaki followed the two of you. As you were walking down the steps leading to the garden, you glanced back at Sakaki staring at Raji with his blank expression. Your foot suddenly missed a step and you started falling, but then you felt someone catch you.