Chapter 1

As you stepped into the carriage you felt nervous. You were traveling to the castle in Tanbarun to meet the first prince, Prince Raji. Your father has told you all about the Shenezard family, but you have never met them before. Your father, king of Northshire, seemed to think poorly of the first prince, but he was requiring you to befriend him anyway. It seemed like all your father cared about was foreign relations. "The more allies you have, the more protected you will be," he had said to you before, when you asked why you had to go meet Prince Raji. You had been dreading this day ever since your father mentioned it, but you knew you had to obey. As much as you hated to admit it, your father was right. There was no harm in gaining more allies. It could only do good, so you had no choice but to go meet the unrespected Prince Raji.

When you arrived at Tanbarun, you stepped out of your carriage and were greeted by the royal family. You recognized who each member of the royal family was. You saw King Shenezard standing by himself, Princess Rona and Prince Eugena standing close together, and Prince Raji next to them. But there was a man next to Prince Raji who you did not recognize. He was tall and strong, and had a blank expression. You wanted to know his name and what his job here was, but you thought it would be rude to ask, so you didn't say a word about it.

"Hello Princess y/n," the mysterious man said to you. "I'm Sakaki, Prince Raji's attendant. Would you like me to show you to your room?"

You stood frozen for a moment. You didn't know what it was, but there was something about this man that amused you.

"Y/n?" Prince Raji got your attention.

"Oh, oh yes. Please show me to my room." You thought for a moment to remember the attendant's name. "Sakaki." You added.

"Right this way."