The Eight Potters

Start from the beginning

"I believe you're familiar with this particular brew," Moody said as he popped off the top.

"No. Absolutely not," Harry interjected.

"I told you he'd take it well," Hermione commented.

"No, if you think I'm gonna let everyone risk their lives for me, I..."

"Never done that before, have we?" Ron interrupted.

"No. No. This is different. I mean, taking that, becoming me. No," Harry pleaded.

"Well, none of us really fancy it, mate," said George earnestly.

"We're not doing it just for you, you know," Ellie cut in.

"Imagine if something went wrong, and we ended up a scrawny, specky git forever," Fred added, earning a stifled snort of laughter from Ellie, with Hermione nudging her arm.

"Everyone here is of age, Potter. They've all agreed to take the risk," Moody tried to convince.

"Technically, I've been coerced. Mundungus Fletcher, Mr. Potter. Always been a huge admirer," a short and stout man intervened, stepping forward.

"Nip it, Mundungus," Moody scolded.

"All right, Granger, as discussed," Moody continued, turning to the girl.

She immediately stepped forward and quickly pulled out a few strands of hair from Harry's head.

"Blimey, Hermione," Harry complained.

"Straight in here, if you please," Moody ordered.

Hermione dropped the strands of hair into the flask as the liquid bubbled, Moody swishing it around. The group started to assemble in a semi-circle around Harry, with Hermione taking Ellie's hand.

"For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning: it tastes like goblin piss."

"Have a lot of experiences with that, do you, Mad-Eye?" Fred joked as he took the vial from him, earning a glare. "Just trying to diffuse the tension."

The vial passed around the group, Ellie being the only few to gag, having never tried the potion before. Everyone started to morph to resemble Harry's features, a twisting feeling affecting all of them. Soon enough, the twins, Mundungus, Fleur, Ron, Hermione, and Ellie looked exactly like Harry.

"Wow, we're identical," the twins exclaimed in unison.

"Not yet, you're not," Moody said, eventually dumping out his bag on the floor to reveal a pile of clothes.

"Haven't got anything a bit more sporting, have you?" one of the twins asked, though no one could tell which was which.

"Yeah, I don't really fancy this color," Fred or George added.

"Well, fancy this, you're not you. So shut it and strip," Moody demanded.

"All right, all right!"

"Bill, look away. I'm hideous," Fleur said as she removed her clothing.

"I knew she was lying about that tattoo," Ron added.

"Harry, your eyesight really is awful," Hermione commented as she put on his glasses.

"Geez Harry, you need to shave. It's rather itchy," Ellie added as she put on the new clothes.

"Right, then. We'll be pairing off. Each Potter will have a protector," Moody announced. "Mundungus, stick tight to me. I wanna keep an eye on you."

"As for Harry..."

"Yes?" the identical Potters answered in unison.

"The real Harry." Moody scanned the group looking for him. "Where the devil are you, anyway?"

"Here."

"You'll ride with Hagrid."

"I brought you here 16 years ago when you were no bigger than a Bowtruckle. Seems only right that I should be the one to take you away now," Hagrid commented.

"Yes, it's all very touching. Let's go," Moody growled.

Tonks spoke up from the back. "Hufflepuff! Where are you?"

Ellie snapped her head in her direction, approaching the woman who waited for her.

"You're riding with me, Ellie," Tonks said as she ushered Ellie out the door.

Soon enough, everyone had assembled outside, everyone paired up.

"Head for the Burrows. We'll rendezvous there. On the count of three."

Ellie tried to look for Hermione but was unsuccessful. Ellie and Tonks had assembled on separate brooms, ordered to take their own route.

"One... two... three!" Moody announced. Everyone had taken off in formation, speeding past the one-eyed man.