07.

S O R R Y !
S O R R Y !
S O R R Y !

can't we just talk,

talk about where we're going ❞

NOTHING HURT CLAY and nadia more than the fact that they were now ignoring each other. it was a silent agreement between the two after their small argument the night before.

nadia spent the night on the couch, which now felt even colder since she had felt the warmth of another body next to hers. it was so utterly lonely, sleeping in the cold downstairs when there was a perfectly acceptable, warm, bed upstairs with someone she wanted nothing more than to be with.

even being in the same room as each other proved to be too hard, and at the sound of clay coming down the stairs, nadia would rush into the bathroom, or even walk out into the backyard.

she called her sister for a few minutes, but even just talking about her feelings was hard.

at around seven at night, nadia heard clay up in his office, yelling and laughing with his friends. her heart sunk, knowing he didn't need her to be happy. he shouldn't, it was like she wanted him to rely solely on her, but at least he had an escape. there he was, completely forgetting about her as the seconds passed.

unbeknownst to her, she never left his mind. even as he sat there, wheezing so hard his lungs burned, he couldn't help but imagine her next to him.

clay left the call around a half an hour later, saying he needed to sleep. in reality, he just couldn't focus on the game anymore.

so he sat in his room, in the dark, with nothing but his own thoughts to accompany him. for practically all of his life, he's had nadia right there beside him. their parents used to joke that they would end up together, which looking back on was extremely ironic. it was always a thing. 'nadia and clay are going on their little date' or 'just watch when they start dating'. it used to bother them so badly. and then, sophomore year of highschool, they started dating. it was amazing, dating but also being best friends. and then seven months later and that was the first time nadia had her heart broken.

twenty-one year old clay hated his old self. he was so stupid, so reckless. now, he knew he needed to make it up to her. he needed to prove that he's not afraid to spend the rest of his life with her, because they're meant to be together.

it was funny. before nadia showed up at his doorstep, he never believed in fate. whatever happened happened, it was just how things went along. now, he firmly believed that she was there for a reason, and clay needed her to stay.