Chapter 2: Not-So-Hidden Feelings

From the dead I have returned.

I expect many things in life, but the love this first chapter has gotten, and more importantly, this story hitting RANKED... yeah, that was not one of them. Seriously, I'm at a loss for words. I really did want to update this as soon as I could, but then life happened. School's been an utter hell lately, but with how well-received last chapter was, I really did not want to put this update off for as long as I have.

With that out of the way, thank you all so much for being patient with me for almost a year now. With that said, here's chapter two of My Last Chance. Hope you guys enjoy it.

--------------------------------------

Morning had broken, marking the beginning of another sunny day in the Alola region. The light that seemed to come from Solgaleo itself was beaming down throughout Melemele Island, which meant it had also reached the house that the Aether President's daughter lived in.

Having fallen asleep at her desk, Lillie wasn't awoken as comfortably as she normally would've been. Despite this, she felt well-rested all the same. It didn't take long for her to be greeted by her partner Pokémon jumping onto her lap the moment it noticed her waking up. It was to be expected, as Snowy loved her Trainer. It had become routine for Lillie to be greeted in this manner.

"Good morning Snowy," Lillie said to the Fox Pokémon, petting its head, "Did you sleep well?"

Snowy responded with an affirmative cry, putting a smile on the girl's face. However, she couldn't help but remember the thoughts running through her mind last night.

Ash Ketchum.

That boy.

The one who had arguably contributed the most to her becoming who she is now.

She had a crush on him, and the days until she left to find her father (and until he returned to Pallet Town) were numbered. How was she to get her feelings through to someone who had the density of an infinite void? How does one even deal with such romantic feelings to begin with? This was not a task she could accomplish on her own. She needed help.

And she knew who to ask first.

Gathering her belongings, changing into her signature outfit, and fixing her hair, Lillie prepared to head to the Pokémon School once more alongside Snowy. However, she had one more thing to do before leaving.

Heading down to the library, Lillie caught sight of what - or rather, who - she was looking for: Magearna. Having finally been awakened, the Mythical Pokémon had been recently attending the Pokémon School alongside Lillie. The first time it appeared to her friends was quite the shocker, given that it was such a rare species.

"Magearna," Lillie spoke up to the Steel/Fairy-type from the top of the staircase, "You ready to go?"

The Pokémon nodded its head, having already woken up, and the group of three began to head to the Pokémon School. Not without breakfast, of course.

--------------------------------------

The Pokémon School was as vibrant as it had always been. In fact, it was arguably even more so with the events of the Alola League still fresh in the students' minds.

As of this moment, four were in the classroom: Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, and Sophocles. The aforementioned League and the aspirations of each student were the topics of discussion, as they have been for some time. They were all going to part ways soon, so it was only natural, given that said aspirations were the culprit of the parting.