I - "The Light & The Shadow" [ACT I]

"...'Let there be light' and there was light. And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness..."

- Genesis 1: 3-4 -

[BOOK I, CHAPTER I: ACT I]

The Earth is a peculiar planet: The living and rational beings of this Planet cannot live in balance, in harmony. They talk about peace, but they are against all forms of rules in general. In the history of the world of men, this cycle has been repeated since Moses and all the others after him.

Greed, malice, the lack of humanity and the devaluation of life are great. They are "forces" greater than all the positive energies in creation today. Humans cultivate the soul by having faith in things that are based on minimalist concepts and that, in general, serve their own interests... Generational struggles, since the world is the world, to decide which side is more powerful among themselves.

These beings live more at ease being considered soldiers, is how they are proud to be called. In their daily lives of incessant hard work for their livelihood, they do not know, however, that they are not really warriors: They are pawns. Pawns of a spiritual war that is day after day recruiting each existing anima to fight the final battle with choices made meticulously in their blindfold.

But there are those who have a differential, those with the Seal of God. They who were born gifted to be used at the right time... Or to make these same gifts be denied, to the detriment of their rare unique and magical condition. They tend, in every way possible, to preserve the fragile mortal sanity much preferred by them and to forget what the scriptures of the son of man say: "...You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High...".

I am The Light, the one that everyone will see at the end and must follow. I have seen the end; I have lived the end... Chaotic is the road of this story that particularly fascinated me. Among all the stories I observed through the creation universes, this is the one that fascinates me the most. What I see as I leave these records today is due to these events.

This interesting saga begins with a young man with an immeasurable and peculiar gift. His name is Christian. He lives with his sister Lúcia in a house located on the north side of the magnificent and violent "Marvelous City".

They are Siblings, yes, but they are totally different people in social and emotional ways. The connection by their blood ties is undoubtedly the only similarity between them so far.

Christian, since childhood, experiences a single nightmare that plagues his sleep hours. It happens this way: He sees himself falling, feeling the pain of having his chest pierced by a spear whose tip is lodged at the level of the lung.

In these dreams there is a great deal of destruction throughout human territory with fallen buildings and the ground completely destroyed. The sky is of infinite darkness because there is no sunlight and in the middle of this scenario a person who looks like a woman.

It is this Woman who hurts him, every day in his pandemonic vision. She always touches the young man's face and says an indecipherable phrase at his ear. Then there is the turning of the spear point in his chest, an action that causes a lot of pain and seals the end of the dream.

The correct thing is to call this vision a "nightmare" instead of a dream. It is also intriguing the feeling, always left by the vision, that it is only part of a larger context that the Youth is not able to fully understand at the moment.

Additionally, this young boy also has another peculiarity in him that is terrifying for any living being to share this gift: He can glimpse things that escape reality, regardless of time or place... He can feel, and sometimes see, spirits.

However, He is able to access the Spiritual Plan not of his own free will, but by what humans call "luck". This happens rarely and on very specific occasions. In his definition, these skills are not a gift but a family "bad luck", like a curse. The fact that the Siblings are orphans and do not carry full childhood memories, makes Christian judge his spiritual ability to be a "curse" on them.

Inside that two-story house, it's really stuffy. An air circulator in the room works to soften the heat. It does not come close to effectively reducing the effect of the natural sweat, but for Him, it is better than no wind blowing. When the clock on the wall hits three o'clock in the morning, a scream sounds in the room.

- NO!!

Christian stands up panting. After the brief moment of lack of control, he gradually regains himself as he reflects on what happened.