Summary

WARNING: This story includes multiple references to brothels, prostitutes, and eunuchs.  Read at your own discretion.

***

             "I'd tell you, but then I'd have one more thing to be afraid of.  I'm done being afraid."

             Losing her family in a house fire, eighteen year-old Lenna D'Souza is unwillingly taken in by her wealthy uncle, whose only purpose in life is to garner himself as much money as possible.  Deaf to her heart-wrenching pleas, he sells her to one of London's most famous brothels, soon vanishing from her life with his newly acquired cash.  Not one to give up easily, Lenna tries innumerable times to escape her new "home," only to be caught and severely beaten. 

             One night, she pushes the limit too far, resulting in an incident that leaves her completely shattered.  Having no sense of time or direction, she aimlessly begins wandering the deserted streets of London, literally stumbling upon a drunken Zayn Malik, lying unconscious in the middle of a barren road, beer bottle in hand.  An emotional wreck, she acts on impulse, grabbing the beer bottle and relentlessly mutilating her body.  Her loud cries pierce into the night, eventually awakening Zayn who rushes to stop her before she can do herself further damage. Seeing that a complete stranger helped her when she was at her lowest point, Lenna begins to feel that maybe not all is lost, that maybe there is still a fragment of hope left.  Alas, she speaks too soon, for even her handsome savior ends up disappointing her. But disappointment isn't permanent. Lenna doesn't give it a chance to be.  And when Zayn mysteriously appears in her life again, Lenna sees that he doesn't give it a chance either.

A/N: Trailer on the right >>> Courtesy of fabulous friend and author @AccidentalLoveAffair :)