Chapter 3 - Conversations

Ron walks into my room and motions for me to close the door. I close the door and go to sit on my bed, but Ron stops me. "Let's just sit on the floor." "O-okay?" We sit down on the floor, facing each other. He looks at me and starts talking. "About last night." My eyes suddenly widen. Ron looks deeply into my eyes, searching for some kind of sign to keep going. I nod. "I hope you're okay and I hope that dream you had doesn't happen again." "Thank you." I said quietly. "When I brought you up to your room, you said something." My heart started beating faster, as I realized I could've accidentally confessed something. "W-what did I say?" I stuttered. "You said that you didn't want me to leave you." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I had no recognition of anything  and I didn't think that I was a sleep-talker. I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. "That's why I sat down next to you, I thought maybe you were afraid you were going to have the same dream or even a worse one and I didn't want you to have a nightmare again, especially one that could've been worse than the one you had last night." I smiled as a blush crept up on my cheeks. "Thank you. I didn't have any bad dreams after going back to sleep." I bit my lip, not knowing if I should ask why he left or just let him talk. The room was filled with an awkward silence as we both contemplated what to say to each other.

"I didn't mean to leave." "I wish you would've stayed." We both blurted out at the same time. My hand quickly went to my mouth as embarrassment washed over me. "Sorry, go ahead." Ron said. "I didn't want you to leave. I kind of hoped that you would've stayed with me, I was very....comfortable." "Me too. I really liked being with you. We haven't been alone in a while, even though we didn't talk, I liked it." He replied. I smiled at him, feeling the same butterflies from this morning creep up in my stomach again.

"I think I'm going to get changed." I said. "Yea, yea me too. Are you going to use the shower?" "I will. I won't take long though, I know you need to shower too." I got up, grabbed my towel, and headed to the bathroom. I looked at my door, smiling to myself as I thought about what just happened. He liked it. He liked being with me, laying with me. I might have a chance, we might be more than friends after all.

I get out of the shower and wrap myself with my towel before walking to my room. I open my door and I see..Ron? Laying on the floor? "Um..Ron? What're you doing in here still?" "Oh uh, I was just....waiting for you." "Why are you waiting for me in my room while I'm in the shower?" "To do this." He walks up to me and I close my eyes, hoping that what's about to come is what I've been waiting for. I wait, but..nothing happens. I open my eyes and I see Ron digging through my closet. He's picking out my clothes? What? I take a deep breath, pretending I didn't just wait for Ron to kiss me. "You're style is terrible, so I felt I needed to spice it up." He says. "Ok, Ronald the Fashionista." I laugh, trying to hide the fact that I'm disappointed. He threw the clothes on the bed and walked out to let me change.

I look in my mirror, "This is terrible Ron." He walks in, looks at me, and starts laughing. I look at myself again and focus on each item of clothing. My shirt was a cropped pink-ish nude turtleneck, the skirt he made me wear (I DON'T wear skirts) was a tight mid thigh length, black skirt, and the shoes he made me wear were black high-top converse with white knee high socks. "I love it, it's different than what you usually wear." "I hate it Ron, I'm changing." "No! You need to try out something different! I'll give you a galleon if you wear that all day." "Fine! But only because I need the money." To be honest, I kind of liked the outfit, I never wear cute clothes, mostly just jeans and hoodies, so it was nice to try something different, and I wanted to impress Ron of course.

I turned to my mirror, smiling, and started doing my hair. I could feel his piercing blue eyes looking at me. "Take a picture Ron, it'll last longer." "That's you're favorite phrase isn't it?" I laughed and told him to get out.

At around 10:00 AM everyone started heading down the stairs. "Good morning, y/n." I heard Ginny say. "Good morning. How are you?" "I'm great. I heard you and Ron talking this morning." My eyes widened. "Oh?" "Yea, but I didn't hear much," she winked, meaning she heard the ENTIRE conversation. "I'll explain later," I whispered to her.

Down came Fred and George, "Morning." They said in unison. "Morning." Ginny and I replied. Then Ron came down.

As everyone sat at the table, I prepared breakfast. I put everything down on the table and sat in my usual spot next to Ron. I always liked sitting next to him but now more than ever. You could see his bright blue eyes right up close, and his vibrant red hair seemed so smooth. I couldn't stop thinking about this morning's conversation and about the fact that he WANTED to stay with me, in my bed. I couldn't stop imagining waking up next to him. His ginger hair all messed up and his arms wrapped around me. Ugh, this isn't helping. The more I daydream, the harder I fall for him.

"Hello? Y/N?" Ron waved his fingers in my face and I quickly snapped out of my day dream. "Y/N, it's been like 10 minutes and you haven't touched your food. What's going on?" "Oh nothing, I'm just thinking." I replied. "Thinking about you," I mumbled quietly enough so that he couldn't  hear me. "What was that?" He asked. "Oh, nothing."

After eating my food, I took my dishes to the sink and picked up everyone else's. Ginny offered to help me with the dishes, mostly because she wanted to hear my explanation about the conversation she heard earlier this morning. All the boys went out to degnome the garden as instructed by Mrs. Weasley and Ginny and I stayed inside to finish cleaning up.

"Spill." I told her everything, from the dream, to him taking me to my room, to talking to him, and, the fact that I liked my best friend. "I knew it." She said. "Knew what?" "That you like him. You're always staring at him, it was quiet obvious really." "Bloody hell, does that mean he noticed?" "Pfft, of course not. That git is as oblivious as they come. Don't stress over it, if you don't want him to know, he's not going to find out. At least not by himself."

We finished the dishes and I headed up to my room. I didn't really have anything to do today so I just sat on my bed reading a book. I had been reading for about an hour when I heard a knock on my door. Here we go again. I thought to myself. "Come in." Ron walked in to my room and asked me if I wanted to play quidditch. "Did you forget our deal? If I wear this all day I get a galleon. If I play quidditch, I'd have to change and I won't get my galleon. So, no. But I'll watch."

I grabbed my book and followed Ron outside. I could see the three hoops on both sides of their make-shift quidditch pitch which was very small. I walked to a nearby tree and sat down facing them to watch. It was Fred and George against Ron and Ginny. They were playing with just the quaffle and trying to see who can get the most points.

I watched the game for a little bit before my eyes fell on Ron. I hadn't noticed the fact that he took off his shirt. I looked from his face to his torso, noticing his toned muscles. He used to be kind of scrawny, but now he's muscular and it makes me fall even more in love with him. He brushed his hand through his hair and he looked towards me and smiled. I smiled back, a blush creeping up on my face. I decided to read my book, but I couldn't focus because of the image of a shirtless Ron in my mind. I bit my lip as I tried to shake the thought away.

After what felt like hours of watching quidditch, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley finally arrived home. Mrs. Weasley prepared dinner and everyone sat at the kitchen table, ready to eat. Everyone ate their food, joining in the conversation about what everyone did today. After dinner, I headed to my room. I read a bit more, then headed to the bathroom to shower. I took a quick, warm shower and got into my pajamas and snuggled up in bed. As soon as my head hit my pillow, I fell into a deep sleep, thinking about, you guessed it, Ron.

Word Count: 1603