vera

vera

i can't wait to runaway. be away from mama. i'll take alessio with me and runaway across the country so that mama won't be able to reach us and hurt me anymore. i-

"vera!!" mama yelled.

i huffed and shut my diary and opened my closet door where i then put the notebook under a bunch of clothes and ran out of my room.

i trudged down the stairs making sure that i hit every step with extra force because i knew it'd piss my mama off.

i walked down into the kitchen and opened the fridge door and grabbed a carton of apple juice and took a sip from it before putting it back in.

"young lady!" my mother yells and she storms into the kitchen. "what have i told you about drinking things from the bottle? there's glasses for a reason!"

i huff and roll my eyes, making sure she doesn't see of cource. "sorry mama." i turn around on my heel and am about to leave but i feel my mother's grip on my wrist.

she spins me back around so that we are face to face. her hot breath fanning onto my face.

she looks me up and down and pulls a face of disgust. "what're you wearing?!" she asks with a nasty tone to her voice.

"clothes. what else?" i sarcastically answer which causes her to raise her hand and slap me across the face.

my mouth hands open as i shake my head. "don't speak to em like that again you brat!"

"mama!"

my mama and i snap our heads into the direction of the voice.

it was my little brother, alessio.

"what the hell?!" his voice breaks as he walks over to us and grabs me and pulls me away from our mother.

"a-alessio- uh w-what're you doing home?" she stutters.

"papa was called into work." he plainly answers, his grip still on my arm. "why did you hit vera?"

"what?" my mother raises a brow. "i didn't touch her."

alessio let out a scoff and shook his head. "whatever. come on, let's go upstairs."

"i'm going out right now but i promise when i get home we can hang out."

alessio nods then runs upstairs and into his bedroom.

"you little bitch," mama points at me in my face, her finger just centimeters away from touching me. "why didn't you say anything?"

"i'm sorry."

"sorry? that's all you say!" she whisper yells so my brother doesn't hear.

i sigh and start walking backwards to the door. "i'm going out. we can deal with this later." i tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"where are you even going? oh!" she pulls a face of disgust. "you're going to go and be a whore with those boys you hang around with aren't you?"

"mama," i squint my eyes together. "i don't do anything with those boys. they're my best friends."

"ah!" her eyes widen. "that's what all the whores say!"

i roll my eyes as i quickly open the front door and run out of the house and to kairi's house.

[]

"see you tomorrow , kai." i wave as i step out of his house.

"are you sure you don't want me to walk you home? because i don't mind if you do." he asks and i giggle.

"i'll be fine," i assured and began walking down the steps on his porch. "i'll see you tomorrow."

kairi licks his lips and nods before pulling me in for a hug. "see you tomorrow." he whispers into the crook of my neck.

i smile one last time before waving goodbye again and making my way home.

ok so was the prologue to my kairi book that is no longer out!