naruto and azula's wedding. the summer solstice and sozens comet appears.

The time had finally come when sozens comet would arrive and fire lord ozai would attempt to destroy the avatar once and for all. But first was his daughters wedding to his future son in-law naruto uzumaki.

At the alter stood naruto and azula holding hands with each other.
Naruto was in a dark black tuxedo and dress shoes while azula was wearing an elegant red silk dress with the pattern of a golden phoenix on it.

As the current fire lord ozai had granted naruto's request to let his parents and siblings attend the wedding as kushina was the maid of honor mito the flower girl menma the ring bearer and minato much to naruto's dissatisfaction was mad the Man of honor.

The proceedings began as most weddings usually do with the couple giving their vows to each other as naruto said.

"Azula. With this ring. I promise to be with you through sickness and in health till death do we part. I love you with all my heart and will remain loyal to you always."

And azula said.

"Naruto. With this ring forged by fire from the blacksmith of the fire nation.
I promise to love you forever even in death.

May we never part ways and have a happy family together in a nation of our own. Far away from war and conflict. From the avatar and the other nations."

Ozai then said.

"Do you. Naruto uzumaki take my daughter princess azula to be your lawfully weded wife even in death???."

And naruto said.

"Now and forever. I do."

Ozai then said.

"And do you. Princess azula. Daughter of the fire lord take this Man. Naruto uzumaki to be your lawfully weded husband even in death???."

And azula said.

"For all eternity. I do."

And ozai said.

"Then as the fire lord I hereby pronounce you husband and wife.
You may kiss the bride."

And in that moment naruto and azula shared their first kiss as husband and wife. As they kissed sparks of lightning chi began to fly around them in the shape of a giant heart.

Ozai then said.

"Now then. It's time for me to face the avatar in our final battle and decide the fate of the four great nation's.

When I give the signal i want you to kill the avatar should I be unable to continue fighting and be defeated."

And naruto said.

"Of course... father in-law. My lord.
If it is your will I shall not disobey.
However...the avatar has mastered ALL four elements. If you Fall I shall save you."

And azula said.

"Should zuko try and stop us I shall fight him to the death as well father.
He might be able to redirect lightning but he can't naturally bend it."

Naruto and azula then looked at team avatar with a glance that said.

' don't screw this up little brother.'

Naruto also looked at Aang and his friends as if to say.

' just play along for now and when he is weakest I shall do what is necessary and kill him.'

The final battle between ozai and Aang had begun with ozai absorbing the powers of sozens comet and putting the avatar on the defensive most of the fight.

Sadly the tides had turned when Aang entered the avatar state and began throwing ozai around like a rag doll.

With all of the four elements at his disposal Aang was about to redirect ozai's lightning and kill him but instead he chose not to.