𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞❣

It was a swift end, nothing too painful and in the end, everything worked out. Elijah was able to find peace and get his dance with Hayley, the one they had promised each other when saying goodbye in France. With Elijah gone the last piece of the White Oak disintegrated with him.

The Mikaelson family was not happy with Odette's rash decision, after all, she was the one to not tell anyone about what really was going to happen that full moon. She also didn't allow any of the siblings to say their goodbye to Elijah but she couldn't take that blame, if Elijah didn't call them or write them a letter with his parting words she wasn't about to accept that guilt.

In trying to extinguish the flames and cold shoulders she received Odette did her best to make amends. Kol was the easiest as she just had to make sure he knew that his siblings all loved him and that he is a part of always and forever even if he is miles away living his happy ever after.

For Rebekah, Odette asked Caroline to acquire the cure for her and when she was ready Rebekah had the choice to no longer be a vampire. A choice that had been taken from her at a young age and a choice she deserves.

Freya was a bit hard to make amends with, but the hazel-eyed girl didn't give up. Odette tried in getting Vincent to stay in New Orleans, knowing how much it would mean for Freya. But the man well he needed his space, and so Odette decided to give that to the eldest Mikaelson.

Klaus needed time, and a part of Odette questioned if he would ever forgive her and if time would really help. Yet when it came to the kids they were putting down any firearms and just focusing on their kid's futures. Ones that the kids had a lot of input

Spencer had hit his tarot cards to find out what would be best in his future, returning back to the states or staying in Spain until the end of the term. Matthew had voted on not returning to Spain because of his insecurities and Mystic Falls well the only thing telling him to stay was Nico. After their dance at the town square, the two boys had the potential in being something, but that small potential wasn't enough for Matthew to want to stay in a town where he had no friends.

Hope had been advised by Spencer to stay in Mystic Falls, how the cards had told him she would be needed there. It might not be that the Salvatore School would suddenly welcome her with open arms and her problems with getting close to people would disappear but the town would need her and it would help her grow. Hope listened to her younger brother, she wanted to trust his abilities and so far they had never let her down so she stayed

The months following Elijah's death were hard for Odette, she was juggling so much within her own family that her mind had put her father's health on the backburner. So with the kids back in school and catching up on their missed days, the vampires leaving New Orleans with Marcel and Klaus having yet to forgive her she went back to her childhood home.

Aaron's good days started to pop up less as the hours went by, it got so bad that they had to put him in a home. Marisol couldn't take care of her husband all day and still maintain her job. Ben was now twenty-four and off at college, he had no time out of his studies and jobs to take care of his step-father.

Odette tried to be there for her dad but the days he would confuse her for her mom, be stuck in the time after she ran away, or she had yet to be born were heartbreaking for her to live through. Yet she stayed, she couldn't leave Colorado, and it's the one selfish thing she had done in such a long time. Odette knew the kids would be okay, their dad was looking out for them and they had the long list of Mikaelson's to call if something happened. Plus she was always a phone call away and always made sure to call her kids every other day to check up on them and have a lengthy chat.

On a day filled with doctor's appointments taken over by Marisol, Odette found herself in her favorite art museum that even after their anonymous donation years ago was still open. Odette had gone to the museum to escape, its what the only place in the town she grew up in that allowed to clear up her mind and calm everything in her.