𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

For once, your response came out in a stuttered, breathless, "R-Really?"

Aseth raised a thin eyebrow at your response, eyeing your nervous amazement.

"...Yes."

His one word confirmation caused you to exhale rather loudly in half-suppressed relief, as a sense of peace washed over you, as if you were a pardoned criminal. A hesitant smile dared to expose itself on your face as you gazed up at him.

"Thank you, Aseth."

The said man continued to watch you in his ever contemplative silence, and although his apathetic gaze bothered you in the past, for it seemed both uncaring and strangely overwhelming at the same time, this time your feelings of gratefulness mitigated the effect.

"I will... go pack up my things. I wish to return to my parents' house."

With that, you stood up from the armchair you were sat at for the past half an hour or so. The blue haired man uncrossed his legs before standing up as well, following after you.

"Let me help, then."

You nodded silently at him in response. Although it could perhaps make things a tad bit awkward, you were feeling rather grateful for the turn of events, and ironically harboured a sense of goodwill towards your soon-to-be former husband, so you agreed to his offer.

_________

The packing was taking longer than you anticipated and in the middle of the task, Aseth left muttering something about refreshments.

A rivulet of sweat ran down the side of your face as you huffed, exhausted by moving around the different boxes and luggage that now contained much of your belongings. Your eyes scanned your once shared bedroom, realizing just how many things you accumulated over the years.

If there was one thing that Aseth certainly wasn't, it was being miserly. He allowed a generous spending on your part, so you could freely acquire anything you desired to your heart's content. Books, jewelry, dresses of any and all fabric imaginable, shoes, various trinkets... Knowing Aseth, you were certain he wouldn't agree on you choosing not to take them all with you, so you didn't bother to bring up the suggestion.

Just as you were about to place your hands on another rack of clothes, Aseth's airy voice carried over to you from the living room.

"Take a break, (Y/n). I made us some tea."

Sighing, you aborted your intended action, slowly walking over to the jade tiled room, which was now bathed in the beautiful golden light of the dying evening sun.

Aseth gently offered you a steaming cup of fragrant rose tea, the cup— you noticed— being your favorite. It certainly wasn't the first time he did this, but you still couldn't help but be slightly touched by his silent consideration. You willingly accepted his offer as you seated yourself from across him. Taking in the delicate scent of the baby pink liquid, you carefully took a sip, humming at tasting the floral, slightly fruity warm drink.

Aseth sipped his own cup of tea without sparing a word, closing his eyes as he meditated on the taste of the fragrant beverage. Minutes ticked by as the peaceful moment dragged on.