∞1925~

1925
~

"Tommy, will you just tell me where we're going?" Iviana begged. They had only been driving twenty minutes but the kids were becoming restless and Ivy knew she'd be dealing with them all night if they didn't get out of the car soon.

"No, it's a surprise." He reached over and placed a hand on her thigh to comfort her but it wasn't enough to stop her becoming increasingly frustrated by the shouting.

"Pack it in you two!" Ivy turned to the two menaces. Louis was four and Aaliyah had just turned three, prime age for causing trouble. "Louis, let go of your sister."

Tommy chuckled lightly, amused by how worked up she got. Surprisingly to them both, he was the calmer parent. He pushed his kids to do their best and try new things but when it came to them being naughty, Ivy was always the one telling them off (or their great aunt Pol).

"Oh, you think this is funny do you, daddy?" She teased, turning her attention to her husband who's smile had dropped slightly. "Fine, you can deal with them tonight then."

"Neither of us will be dealing with them tonight."

"What do you mean? I thought everyone was busy today, that's why we brought them along." Instead of answering, he looked over and smirked before quickly returning his eyes to the road.

They'd never had nannies, there was never any need. With such a huge family, there was always someone around to watch them. When worst came to worst, they just threw them in with John's pack, Esme probably didn't even notice.

As Ivy returned her gaze to out in front, she noticed where they were. Directly in front of them was a large, stately home. It must've had at least ten bedrooms, by far one of the biggest Ivy had ever seen.

Tommy hadn't told her where they were going or what they were doing, just that it was something important.

As they drove further up the drive, she noticed around ten people stood outside waiting to greet them. Their attire varied from chef's aprons to maid's uniforms. The sight even shut the kids up. They were used to nice things but this was on another level.

Pulling up, Tommy got out of the car before Ivy had time to ask any questions. Opening the door to the back, he picked up his daughter and helped his son out of the car. Still confused, Ivy hopped out of the vehicle and walked to join her family.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Shelby." A woman walked over, introducing herself as 'Francis' the head maid. "Welcome to Arrow House. If you follow me, I'll show you around."

"Tommy." Ivy whispered as they followed the woman inside. "Will you please tell me what is going on?"

"Alright kids." Tommy seemed to ignore his wife, placing Aaliyah on her feet once they were inside. "Why don't you two go with Francis and pick out your bedrooms, yeah?"

The children excitedly scurried off with the older woman, leaving the couple stood in the largest drawing room Ivy had ever been in.

"Is..." she began, only now noticing the large painting of their family at the entranceway. "Is this ours?" She looked at him in disbelief.

"Happy birthday." He beamed, placing an arm around her.

"My birthday isn't for three weeks."

"That's what makes it a good surprise. Now we have three weeks to organise your party in your new big fancy house."

"This is too much, Tom. We don't need all this space."

"Maybe not." He walked over and gently took her face in his hands. "But you deserve it. Every last bit of it. I've been working on this place for months to make it just how you'd like it."

"All those late nights and business meetings." Everything was starting to fall into place in her head.

"All for this. All for you."

"Tommy Shelby, what am I going to do with you?" She smiled as he pulled her into a warm embrace, her hands getting tangled in his hair.

"Just love me." He answered her earlier question, leaning down and pressing his lips against hers, holding her face gently in his hands. He still got lost when they kissed, it took him to a place he never wanted to leave.

"That I can definitely do." She smiled at him once they pulled away, pecking his lips once again.

"It's just you and me, yeah?" He smiled.

"Yeah. You and me forever."