Bad Luck Magnet - 2

Miss you

Just like the air that I breathe

I need you with me

I'm not gonna lie

I can't imagine my life without you

But I, suppose I will survive

~*~ Gabrielle - Survive ~*~

When we arrived home I went straight up to my room, shutting myself away from the rest of the world.

I thought back to the burnt grass in the church yard. That had been the second time my body had heated up like that. It wasn't as bad as the first time but it was still scary. What was happening to me?

I was tired, frustrated and I missed my grammie. I felt the tears well up. This time I didn't wipe them away, I let them flow freely. My emotions were crushing me, I couldn't breathe and there was no one there to save me.

I felt completely alone, why couldn't I have just one friend to talk to?

'Because your evil, that's why. You're the school freak' a little voice said in the back of my mind.

I shook my head. I couldn't let that happen, I wouldn't become evil.

I padded across the landing to the bathroom and hopped into the shower. The hot water would soothe me.

Feeling weak from all of the crying, I sat down in the bath tub. I pulled my knees to my chest as I stared blankly at the wall, letting the warm drops of water spray over my back.

When I finally emerged from the bathroom, my finger tips were wrinkled from being in the water for so long.

I quickly dried myself off and changed into my pijamas even though it was still early. I couldn't hear any movement through out the house and realised mum must have gone to bed. My heavy eye lids were threatening to close, even as I stood so I decided to do the same.

**

I awoke early the next morning. I'd been given the week off school but really I'd rather go than be stuck in the house, alone with my thoughts.

I decided to get uo and have breakfast anyway. I liked to keep a routine, I just didn't know how to fill the gap where I would normally be at school.

After breakfast I crept back up the stairs to my room, in case mum was still asleep. I paused outside my bedroom door, hearing quiet sobs and sniffs from the other side of her door.

It dawned on me that I hadn't even thought about how my mum must be feeling. She'd just lost her mother and her husband wasn't here to look after her and help her through it. He didn't even know what had happened yet.

I realised I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself and stay strong for her. She needed me, suddenly I was thankful for the week off school.

I opened her bedroom door and popped my head in. She cried harder when she saw me. I rushed over to the bed and climbed in beside her, putting my arms around her as she sobbed into my shoulder.

"Shh" I soothed, rocking slightly while stroking her hair. Her crying slowed but it didn't stop. We sat there in silence for a full ten minutes before I started to get uncomfortable.

"How about I go and make you some breakfast?" I suggested.

"I'm not hungry" She sniffed, looking up at me with her watery blue eyes.

"Mum, you need to eat" I said sternly. She nodded slowly as I removed myself from the bed.

"I'm sorry" I heard her whisper as I closed the door behind me.

I fixed her some scrambled eggs on toast and took it up to her room. I sighed as she pushed the egg round the plate with her fork, only nibbling at her toast.

The week passed slowly. Gradually, mum started to eat more and cry a little less. Things were improving and soon it would be time to go back to school.

I was no longer sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

 ********************

Really short chapter sorry, I didn't have long enough to come up with more... hopefully the next one will be a lot longer :)