11 | voldemort's return

She hit the floor with a thud and groaned in pain. She closed her eyes for a moment before muttering, "That's going to leave a mark."

She sat up slowly and looked around to see that there was no one around except for Sirius, "That was a foolish thing for you to attempt to do."

"Was I supposed to just let you die?" Abigail inquired. "I tried to tell Harry it wasn't real, he was just so set on coming after you..."

"And that's why it's not truly a gift, isn't it?" Sirius asked, "Because you have to choose not to go against whatever it is you see even if it seems impossible."

"Where are we?" Abigail asked as she pushed herself up.

"The attic of Grimmauld Place," Sirius replied, "Your father was almost certain you would do something stupid and he was right."

"So you guys had a plan to get me away from my friends who need me?" she asked, her anger getting the best of her. "Away from Harry?"

He smiled at this, "They'll be fine on their own. You two have done quite the job at whipping them into shape. You've taught them well."

"That was all Harry," she pointed out.

"It was the both of you together," he countered, "You make quite the team."

"Your father will be back anytime now and he'll definitely want to talk to you about that stunt you pulled," he explained as they exited the attic and made their way to the main floor.

"A thank you would suffice."

They made their way downstairs and sat down as they waited for him to arrive.

Abigail sat on the couch, her leg bouncing up and down anxiously as she thought about what her friends thought had happened to them. She rested her head in her hands as she thought about Harry and how he probably felt having had lost his godfather. She looked up a moment later, her vision fogging over and the room changing to that of the ministry.

"Crucio!" Harry shouted at the women and she stumbled but the spell took no other effect on her.

"Never used an unforgivable curse before have you?" Bellatrix inquired with a laugh, "You have to mean it. You have to want to inflict pain, to enjoy the idea of it." She walked around the fountain so she had better aim, "I'll show you. Crucio!"

Harry narrowly dodged the spell as she continued tauntingly, "You cannot win against me!" she exclaimed. "I was and still am his most loyal follower. I learned spells from him that you could never imag-"

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled and just as he had, she shouted, "Protego!"

Harry barely avoided the spell, "I'll give you one chance. Hand over the prophecy and I might just spare you..."

"Then you're going to have to kill me!" he shouted back. "I don't have it. It broke when I was helping Neville up the stairs. Your dear old mate Voldemort can't be too happy with you right now."

"Liar!" she shouted in a fit of a hysteria. "I know you have it. Accio Prophecy. ACCIO PROPHECY."

Harry laughed at this, "There's nothing for you to summon! It smashed and nobody heard what it said, tell your boss that-"

"No!" Bellatrix shrieked. "Master, I tried. I tried, do not punish me-"

"Don't waste your breath," Harry snapped, "He can't hear you."

"Can't I?"

"-gail? Abigail?" Sirius spoke quickly.

Abigail jolted back to reality and gasped at the sudden change in environment. "Abigail, what happened?"