10 | prophecy

"I saw it," Harry explained. "It's just like it was with Mr. Weasley. It's the door I've been dreaming about. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before."

His friends looked at him in concern, "Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, in the Department of Mysteries.

"Harry, please, just listen," Hemrione tried, "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is?" Harry countered, "I'm supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family I've got left."

"What do we do?"

"We'll have to use the Floo Network," Ron pointed out, "Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance."

"Not all of them."

"What if Voldemort doesn't even have him," Abigail pointed out as they made their way to Umbridge's office.

"Better safe than sorry," Harry pointed out before waving his wand, "Alohomora." He faced the other three, "Alert the Order if you can."

"Are you mental?" Ron inquired, "We're going with you."

"It's too dangerous."

"When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together."

"That you are," Umbridge spoke from behind them, members of her squad dragging Luna and Ginny into her office.

Draco pulled Neville in, "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl."

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge inquired.

"No," Harry protested.

"Liar."

"You sent for me, headmistress?" Snape stated as he looked around at those in the room.

"Snape, yes," she nodded, "The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students," he pointed out, "The last of it on Miss Chang. Unless you wish to poison him...And I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did...I cannot help you."

"He's got Padfoot," Harry exclaimed, "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot?" Umbridge looked around frantically, "What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden?" She looked up at the potions teacher, "What is he talking about, Snape?"

He looked at Harry and back at Umbridge, "No idea."

"Very well, you give me no choice, Potter. You seem awfully keen of Ms. Lupin here," Umbridge observed as she pushed the girl down into the chair and pointed her wand at her, "As this is an issue of Ministry security...you leave me with no alternative. I'm sure watching her undergo the Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

Abigail's eyes widened in response but other than that she showed no sign of fear. "That's illegal," the girl pointed out.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Tell her, Harry!" Hermione exclaimed.

"No, don't," Abigail shook her head as she looked up at Harry who was growing increasingly alarmed. "I can take it."

She looked back up at Umbridge who was moving her wand closer to her, "Tell me what?"

"Don't," Abigail spoke as she gripped the arms of the chair and looked Umbridge dead in the eyes, "Let's see what you've got."