Chapter 12

{@ Piqué household}

I get Brook out, she's still watching movies on my iPad Pro, and we walk up to the door. I knock and only seconds later Shak opens the door. I hug her as Brook runs past the 2 of us to find Gerard, "She's been watching movies the whole ride here from Zaragoza." I tell Shak, she chuckles as we walk in. "Ben!!!" I hear Brooklyn yell, I suspect that she found him in their game room, "'eo!!!" she yells, "When did the guys get here?" I ask, "An hour ago," Shak tells me as I walk in and see the guys.

Gerard motions me to come over, I roll my eyes and walk over, "Does he accept her?" he asks me, I nod my head and sit down next to him, "He wants to be in her life. If Sergio could have, he would turn back time just to see her grow up...I mean when she glares at you, she looks like her Papi," I say and smile, "Mama, when Papi see again?" Brooklyn asks me, "I don't know, we'll talk soon and see when you can," I say and she turns to the TV.

"Papi, play right now—he told me—to watch and pay attention," Brook tells Gerard, he rolls his eyes and looks over at me, "Don't look at me, she will throw a fit—and you've seen her Papi throw a fit— so, be prepared to die if you don't put it on," I say and pat his thigh.

He huffs and gets the remote from Jordi, "Do you know who he's playing against?" Gerard asks as he goes to the mainstream fútbol channel. When he does all the guys turn and glare at him, "PAPÍ!!" Brook yells and runs up the TV, I smile when she runs around the room squealing, "Why did you put this on?" Suarez asks Gerard. He shrugs and looks over at me, I nod, "Brooklyn's Papí is Sergio Ramos—don't tell anyone!!" Gerard warns the whole team, they turn to Brooklyn, who's now standing in front of the TV trying to copy Madrid's moves.

"Watch—Brooklyn, what does Papí do when he scores!!" I yell, she smiles and runs off to do his normal celebration, then she does her special celebration. When she's done with that, she walks over to my lap and lays down into my chest, and knocks out, "She's like Marco—his son—he'll do the exact same thing and collapse in Sergio's lap." Gerard whispers to me.

"How come you never told us??—let alone that you had a drunk one night stand with—him—of all the people??" Luis asks, "It's either I tell you all now—or I wait until her birthday and you 2 would have a fight," I tell him, he nods and goes on his phone. "Can we change the game?" Jordi asks me, I shake my head, "Brook will wake up and throw a fit—and she throws a fit like her Papí—so you think about it." I say and go back to watching the game.

[36']

"Mama, where Milan at?" Brooklyn asks me, I brush her hair back and turn to Gerard, "He's at school right now, he won't be home until 3:30." Gerard tells her. "Have you told him yet?" I ask my daughter, she blushes and shakes her head, "What?" Gerard asks, she looks up at me—and I swear to God—I see Sergio for a few seconds.

"Mama!!! No!!" Brook yells, I look down at my daughter and she glares at me, "See—Sergio," Gerard whispers, "What do you mean 'Sergio'?" Jordi asks. "Brook, turn to the guys and glare at them," Gerard tells her, she turns around and glares at Jordi, "Oh sh—OW!!" Jordi yells as Luis slaps him.

"She knows what you're saying," Luis sneers, I roll my eyes and start to braid Brook's hair back, "What did she want to tell me?" Gerard asks, she shakes her head. "You have too—your Papi knows—he would want Gerard to know too," I say and she cries a few tears. She climbs up in my arms and wraps her legs around my waist, "Ok," she whispers.

"She has a crush—and it's on your eldest kid." I say and hug Brooklyn, "Brooklyn Ximena Lingard Ramos-Garcia...trust me, it took me a while to even tell Gerard that I liked him," I whisper, "It took her 4 months—you probably took a month or so." Gerard says. She looks at Gerard and blushes, "Come here, I need to tell you something," Gerard says and she slowly goes over to him, "Milan told me last night...he had me sit down and he told Shak and me. I know my son will be nice and protect you—but, you're still too young. I know your Papí would be mad at me—" Gerard's phone rings and Brook moves out of his lap, he pulls his phone out of his pocket and checks who it is.

"Emma, why is he calling me??" Gerard asks, I shrug my shoulders, "I'm going to step out—just in case," Gerard says and gets up.

Brook and I go back to watching the game, along with the guys—who won't admit it, but they've been watching and actually paying attention. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spanish. Catalan. Portuguese (P&B). French