Chapter Three

Chapter Three

            "Bye, James! Have a great day and I love you!" I said to him before sending him off to play with his daycare friends. I walked out of the building and drove to school.

            The day seemed to drag on and on until lunchtime came, when I was faced with that same familiar face. He walked right up to me, placed his food next to mine and sat down. Great, Adalie picked a great day to go off campus for food. "Well, hello, I guess it was meant to be." He smiled happily and I forced a polite smile back.  

            "Uhh, you go here?" I was kind of confused as to why we'd never met or even seen each other before. Sure, I was what some people may call a bit of a loner, but I wasn't oblivious to those around me. And believe me, Christian was not someone you could ignore with his extremely good looks.

            "Yeah, how come we've never met before?" He looked just as surprised as I felt that we'd never even once glanced at each other.

            "I don't know, I'm not one to have tons of friends." I knew that Christian was one of the more popular people, so I figured he wouldn't approve of me being a 'loner' and maybe give up on talking to me- before it was too late.

            "Sometimes I wish I was like that; there are times when always being around a ton of people can get annoying." Well then, guess my plan didn't work too well. All it did was give him something to relate to me with. Something we had in common.

            "Yeah." I stared down at my food and wondered why he was even talking to me. It's not like I was being really nice and charming or anything so I didn't see the point.

            "So, tell me why you don't want us to get to know each other?" He tried to seem casual while he tried to see if I would look him in the eye. I didn't.

            "I just don't."

            "Come on, there's got to be a reason. Is it that you just don't like me?" He pressed. Man, this dude was beginning to show me he was a persistent one.

            "No, I have my reasons and since they have nothing to do with you personally, you don't need to know."

            "Ah, see, that's where we disagree. I think that I at least deserve to know why you will barely talk to or look at me."

            "I don't care if we 'disagreed', you don't need to know." I repeated, ignoring his last comment. I wasn't looking at him because of three reasons. One, he had amazing eyes (I was a sucker for amazing eyes) and I didn't want to look into them and get all nervous, forgetting all of my 'no relationship' rules. Second, he was obviously cute and I was already nervous enough just being near him. And finally the most important reason; I didn't want to get to know him at all because then I may like him and later get attached.

            "Look-" he was starting to look a little impatient when Adalie chose the perfect time to butt in.

            "Hey guys! Christian, mind if I steal her away for a little while?" She asked politely, giving me a look that said I needed to tell her everything later. 

            "Sure, go ahead," he looked a little unhappy but it was for the better. If I made him unhappy then chances were he wouldn't want to be around me. Problem solved. "It's not like she's talking to me that much anyway." He muttered as he walked past me, so that only I could hear. Once he was out of earshot Adalie smiled and turned to me.

            "So what's going on between you two?" She began, raising an eyebrow to highlight her curiosity.

            "We're barely even talking, nothing at all is going on." I give her the 'duh, how could you think something was up?' look.