twelve

seri let out the biggest laugh she had for that month. there's no way that lee donghyuck, the sunkissed boy who likes to skip classes just to smoke on the rooftop, has scored higher than renjun.

"i wasn't joking, seri!" dongsook scowled, slapping her bestfriend's arm.

the girl acted as if drying her tears, "well, you're very hilarious."

dongsook was offended with her remarks that she rolled her eyes at seri and gave her a glare.

"donghyuck's smarter than you thought," she jeered, "he's part of our section, for starters!"

speaking for her twin, seri rambled how fucked up her and donghyuck's relationship has been going, the hate-relationship.

dongsook sighed, "he's my twin and i love him but that's just going out of hand. i mean, someone had to be man up— be matured enough to stop and i'm afraid that needs to be you, seri."

seri plopped herself down. "i'm so much willing to stop this bullshits... but what if he won't?"

"then let's just try to avoid him at all cost, shall we?" dongsook advised, "but before that, let's talk about mark!"

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

monday came and seri wasn't really having it but the hoodie that she picked up from the dry cleaners was something that made her look forward for today.

and luck wasn't with her, she stopped from her tracks when a sun kissed male blocked her way. he was the least person she wanted to encounter.

inhaling some air, she was ready to cruse him off when he extended his hand. he slowly opened his palm, showing her a small peach keychain.

he was looking away while nibbling on his lollipop. he was looking at his side that made seri have the full view of his red left ear.

she clamped her lips close to let the male speak. and it took a couple of minutes before he finally opened his mouth.

gulping, he muttered, "i'm... sorry."

seri raised her brow.

"i apologize for being such a jerk."

she still had her brows up but seri knew she was slightly dumbfounded with his words. well, he's really a jerk but she didn't expect to hear those exact words from him.

but, seri knew better. what if he's planning something bigger that he needed to apologize? she can't just forgive him nor let her guards down.

the girl stared at his eyes which are now locked against hers. he was... actually sincere? seri shook her head.

she got the keychain from him. "just leave me alone." then she smiled before walking pass him.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

"does your brother actually apologize for his faults?" seri asked dongsook while they were on their way to the cafeteria for lunch.

dongsook stopped her tracks making the girl halt also. "well, my brother does that.. before. before he completely became a jerk."

"what does that even mean?" seri scrunched her nose in confusion.

"he doesn't apologize now, i guess? i never heard him say the s-word," dongsook shrugged, "why do you ask?"

seri just continued walking, "i'm hungry."

then, she was about to push the door open why someone did it for her.

"i'm treating you lunch," renjun prompted, "to repay you."

seri pushed a hair back behind her ear. "well, i could never disagree."

donghyuck just apologized and renjun's treating her lunch, seri was having a great day actually, better than what she expected.