ten

"where are you going? and why are you wearing that?"

seri's steps slowed down with sungchan's words. she held the hem of her dress and scanned it carefully. she was wearing a simple white dress that was above her knees. she also had a beige cardigan to protect her skin from the cold wind.

"i'm going out, why?" seri casually said.

sungchan raised his brows. "you're going on date, aren't you?"

seri rolled her eyes. "shut up." then she walked out of their house.

it was still 9:30 in the morning when seri had arrived at the shop. the place wasn't that packed so renjun had spotted her immediately.

"hi..." seri shyly uttered when she slowly walked towards the counter.

renjun casted a glance at her outfit. "i'm still on my shift... would you like a drink?"

the girl nodded.

"the usual?" renjun asked. "it's on the house." then he handed her the buzzer.

seri knew she was already a blushing mess so she just nodded and smiled before she turned to look for a table.

"by the way, you look cute with your dress," renjun said making her glance at him, uttering a shy thanks before taking a table.

seri bit her inner checks to suppress her squeal. for sure she have a lot to tell to dongsook again... oh. she suddenly remembered that she blurted everything to donghyuck last night.

the girl slapped her forehead. "shoot, he'll probably tell renjun about that."

she placed her arms on the table and crossed her legs below as she straighten her back. she was patiently waiting for her drink and as well as for renjun, when the chair in front her was pulled.

seri slowly lifted her gaze and saw the least person she wanted to encounter. he was wearing his black leather jacket and ripped jeans. it was his usual attire aside from his hoodie when it's school days.

the tanned boy had a cup of matcha milk tea on his right hand. he was innocently sipping on his drink while his free hand pulled the chair for him to sit on it.

"stop glaring at me," he pouted.

seri didn't even hesitated and scoffed. "then get out of my sight, lee."

the boy didn't even care and leaned closer towards her. "aren't we close? i know how your conversation with your petty crush went last ni—"

"shut up," she hissed, "just this day lee donghyuck, let me live."

the corner of his lips curled up to form a mischievous smile, to be honest it was more of a grin. "don't worry, i'll let you," he placed his drink close to her, "just after this."

he flicked the drink causing it to spill on seri's dress. seri was fuming. that was so childish that she didn't expect him to do that.

the girl looked down on her dress. it was brand new and that was the first time she wore it. and it was the first dress she bought using her savings.

seri's eyes watered as she felt emotional. she prepared that outfit exactly three a.m. because she was that excited for today yet donghyuck didn't missed his chance to ruin it. how can she face renjun now?

she sniffed. she was busy trying to wipe the green stain on her dress using a tissue that she haven't realized that most costumers were looking at her and the tanned boy had flee the shop. she continued to wipe it when a black hoddie appeared in front of her.

it was renjun handing her his hoodie. he was looking at her softly. "stop crying, he doesn't deserves those."

but seri continued to tear up.