twenty-five

"does jaehyun even know that you're going out?" donghyuck suddenly asked when he was about to give her the extra helmet.

seri shook her head and attempts to get the helmet from his hand when donghyuck pulled it back away from her, earning a frown from the girl.

"you should be resting now," he says.

seri heaved a sigh, "i was resting for five days already in that fucking hospital bed. damn, hospital sucks."

the girl looked at him and remembered something, "speaking of hospital, you never showed up!"

"huh?" donghyuck furrowed his brows.

"duh, sungchan saw you leaving some fruits outside my room. you should have come inside." seri turned her heels and started walking away.

the tanned skin boy was confused when she started walking. he just stood there and watched her walking away. then the girl halted her steps and looked back.

"aren't you coming?" she raised her brows then she saw donghyuck glanced at his helmet, "it's just near. let's just walk."

the male reluctantly left the helmets and his bike before jogging his way to catch up on seri. the two of them walked in silence as seri suddenly stopped at a bus stop.

"you said it's just near!" donghyuck grunted.

seri chuckled . "i'll pay, okay."

donghyuck presses his lips in a thin line and shrugged, his eyes glancing at the girl's lips which formed a huge smile before he looked away from her. he looked down, "cute," he muttered under his breath.

"oh, it's here!" seri notified him when a bus halted infront of him. she tugged the hem of his shirt to pull him inside the bus.

the both of stayed silent the entire ride. when they had arrived at the destination, seri grabbed his right arm to drag him with her out of the bus. the girl looked at the shop infront of them and pushed the door open to come inside.

leaving the boy outside, he was puzzled while looking at the exterior of the flower shop. it was his first time around the area. he had no idea where he was. he had the urge to push the door open and to come inside but before he could put his thoughts into action, seri had come out of the shop.

"we're not yet here," seri told him, "but it's near. i'm honest this tim, don't worry."

donghyuck's eyes dropped at the two bouquet of white flowers in her arm. he wanted to question why she bought them but she started walking towards the opposite direction.

"walk faster, lee donghyuck!"

donghyuck sighed, his lips forming a lopsided grin before he walked to caught up to her. seri made a sideway glance at donghyuck and she looked back on the front with a smile.

"we are here," seri announced when they stopped infront of two tombstones.

donghyuck's eyes slowly moved to seri and he saw how the girl's lips formed a smile, but it failed to reach her eyes. then seri slowly walked closer to the tombstone. she kneeled down and placed the flowers on both.

the girl sighed and smiled before sitting in the middle. "mom, dad... hi, i guess."

the sunkissed skin male just stood there as seri remained seated at silence. donghyuck had no idea what to do until the girl invited him to sit beside her.

"they both died when their law firm was burned down."

"you don't need to tell me about it," donghyuck told her, sensing that it might be a sore topic to bring up.

seri shifted her head towards him. "don't worry, i'm not telling you anything aside from that."

the both of them didn't bother to talk for a few minutes, the only thing that can be heard was the chirping birds and the sound of the leaves swaying with the blow of the wind.

seri heaved a sigh as something, or someone, crossed her mind. "hyuck..."

the male hummed in response to let her know that he was listening.

"about renjun..." she glanced at the dead leaves a few meters away from where she was seated. "have you heard anything from him?"

donghyuck bit his tongue. the chinese was out of his reach, nor his friends can contact him. donghyucl had asked about his whereabouts to jaemin since he is closer to renjun than the others.

"i can't reach him."

his response made the girl sigh heavily.

"but jaemin told me that he'll be back in a few months," he added.

seri's ears pricked, "really?"

the boy nodded. "i'm not really sure when though."

"then all i have to do is to wait." seri smiled and glanced at the male.