Side Story! Acorns and Bells

Inosuke ran up to Uni about to tackle her like always, getting a sneak attack to finally defeat her, but again like always Uni dogged it. "AHHHH! How!?", he screamed after hitting the ground. Uni smiled and giggled a bit at him, "You need something little Acorn?", Inosuke had hated the nickname but never told her to stop calling him that though. "I AM NOT AN ACORN!!", he screamed at the girl.

Uni only laughed it off making him more embarrassed, thank god for his boar mask hiding his flush. "AH! Never mind that! You know everything so what's this!?"Inside his hand Inosuke showed Uni two small bells. "You mean bells?", she questioned to which he nodded. "Can you eat them?", she giggled again that made his heart leap, Uni took the bells out of his hands.

"They make sounds, and those sounds can become music.", shaking the bells in her hands, a small ringing came out of them, to which Inosuke drew out his swords. "DEMON!!", he looked around the area thinking there really was a demon around. Uni laughed so loud you could've mistaken her as Rengoku. "There isn't a demon here, it's just the bells you gave me. They're really pretty.", she reached out her hand that held the two bells towards Inosuke, but he pushed her hands back.

"Consider it a peace offering, after all you should be lucky to receive something of high value from the mighty Inosuke!!", he gloated to himself and ran off to continue training leaving Uni there lost in thought. A gift? For her? She held the two small bells to her chest, and smiled a bit, Uni knew where exactly where to put them.

"Ahhh, my hands are still sore after sharpening that blade.", one of the blacksmiths spoke. "I had to craft that!!", another yelled. "You all can complain after climbing MOUNTAIN FUKAWA JUST TO GET A FEW SHARDS OF LAPIZ!!", the rest of the blacksmiths sighed at the thought of the blade.

It was their best work, yes, but making it was a whole nightmare. "I would like to request a new blade.", they all turned their heads to see Uni there and they all began to quiver. "Y-Yes Azaki san! D-Did the bla-blade break!? We are deeply sorry-", the poor blacksmith stopped talking after Uni had raised her hand to stop him.

"I request a new blade, same instructions but with a little add in with these.", she showed the ten blacksmith the two tiny bells in their hands, they all paused. Is she requesting a whole new blade just to add two bells? "W-Well we could but wouldn't the bells be distracting..?", one tried to reason with her. She shook her head "WHAT THE HELL!? WE SPENT WEEKS ON THAT BLADE JUST FOR YOU TO-", another one cut him off staring at him signaling 'Do you want us to die' remembering Uni's intimidation and her strength.

"We'll get to work right away!", spoke up her original blacksmith, at first she had one but because of how difficult her instructions were it needed more than one. "Look, we make her wait a few days and just add the bells to her original sword.", he whispered to the rest and they nodded and agreed.

3 days have passed since the request and Uni arrived "Is my blade ready, I got missions to do.", they all presented her blade with the small bells attached to the handle, she smiled looking at her blade. "It's funny how similar this blade is to the old, even the lapis attached look like the same age.", a cold sweat went down their necks. "Y-Yep! Why don't you go now, we have uh..LUNCH!", she smiled at her hard working blacksmiths and nodded.

Uni waved goodbye looking at the two small bells that were now on her blade.