Our Mission

"Mmm Tomioka-San, is this the Butterfly Estate??", the little girl asked Giyuu. He looked at the girl who held his hand tight. "I'll be leaving you here, you already learned the first breath of water right?", the girl looked up at Giyuu and nodded.

"I did! I worked very hard!", Tomioka patted her on the head and gave her a small smile.

"I'll be off on another mission, in the mountains."

"You'll be back right, and come home safe.", Giyuu got down on his knee to her eye level. "I promise.", the girl smiled at him, and then Tomioka left, leaving the girl alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomioka-San left me at the estate, I spend my days training everyday. Till I ran into her.

"HEY! Watch it.", a girl with brown flowing hair shoved me out of her way. I let out an angry 'hmp' before continuing to walk, but that wasn't the last time I 'ran' into her.

A one time meeting lead to a meeting with miss kocho, being forced to eat with each other, and soon missions together.

"Miss Kocho, may I ask you something.", Shinobu looked over at the girl. "Yes Uni?"

"When is Tomioka-San coming back?? It's been a week", Uni looked at Shinobu with worry in her eyes.

"Ah, Tomioka came back 2 days ago and left again on another mission.", Uni looked at Shinobu and frowned. "Oh, I see then...", Shinobu looked at the girl and came up with an idea. "Say, why don't you do a mission with my other student, Kaiari is her name, I've seen you've already met her", Uni looked at Shinobu with a shocked look

"M-Miss Kocho, I understand that you want me to work together with her,but WHY HER?!", Shinobu stared at Uni and sighed. "I know the two of you don't get along, but still it's best to not go alone. So please don't fight, I bet if you two get the mission done without fighting, Tomioka will be proud!", Uni stood there and thought for a moment. Proud? Tomioka, proud of her. Without another thought Uni ran off to get Kaiari for their mission.

"You can count on me Miss Kocho!!"

"Good bye.", with that Shinobu waved at Uni while she ran through the halls of the estate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"KAIARI~TAN!!", Uni banged on the door screaming. It's the afternoon and Kaiari still hasn't left her room. Uni yelled louder "KAIARI~TAN THIS IS IMPORTANT!! IF WE DON'T GO MISS KOCHO WILL BE MAD!!", she screamed till Uni heard the door unlock. "I told you I don't like the sun....Miss Shinobu knows that, and probably made it a night time mission...", with that Uni heard the door shut. "Hmmp! You don't have to be mean about it.", with that Uni turned around and left.

Kaiari, opening her door now that it is night, saw something at her door. A plate of food with a note next to it. "I didn't see you eat today, nor came out to get Aoi's breakfast. I tried my best, you don't have to eat it."

It was a plate with a cold, burnt, omurice that Uni had left. Kaiari sighed and picked up the plate and took a bite.

Uni woke up, and sat there in her bed for a moment.

"..............."

"...................."

"Tomioka hasn't come back.", Uni rubbed her eyes and got out of bed. She grabbed an old quil and crossed another day from her make-shift calendar. It had been 8 months since Giyuu had come to visit Uni, and she started to worry.

KAW!

Uni turned to see her crow, Kumo. She petted him and sat at her table, and began to write.

Dear Tomioka-San,

It's been 8 months now since you've come back. I worry that you're hurt, or perhaps in worse conditions.

You haven't responded to any of my letters that I've sent during this time, but I know you mean well. I start my mission as of tonight, with Kaiari.

Wish us luck,

-Uni