The Gem That Doesn't shine

Kaiari walked into Uni's room to start their mission, "I won't wait for you, hurry up. I'll be outside don't keep me waiting.", with that Kaiari left the room leaving Uni alone with her thoughts.

"Whatever...", Uni grabbed her blade and put on her uniform.

Kaiari stood at the gate in front of the butterfly estate, she turned around to see Uni in her uniform-

"GAHHH!! WHAT. THE. HELL. ARE YOU WEARING!?!", Uni stood there in shock at the sudden outburst. "Umm, my uniform??", Kaiari stared at Uni with confusion and shock.

Her uniform was similar to Mitsuri's the love pillar, she was wearing the Demon Slayer Crops uniform, but the whole thing was unbuttoned with her "chest" exposed. Uni also wore a light blue kimono with clouds, like her sensei, urokodaki.

"THAT IS NOT A UNIFORM!! COVER YOURSELF ALREADY!!"

Kaiari screamed. "WHO EVEN LET YOU WEAR THIS?!?", Uni just stared at Kaiari and answered her.

"Well...One of the Kakushi gave me this and said it was my uniform, they didn't have any other ones, and this one is a bit too small. But it's okay! I should be getting a new one soon.", Kaiari turned away from Uni and started stomping away.

"You better. I'll have a word with them...", She continued to walk while Uni ran behind to catch up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uni and Kaiari walked together in silence, they walked through town while getting stares from the villagers (mainly towards Uni).

"So, many people here have been going missing, and before anyone could save them. They were left with a few shards of a gem, sounds strange.", Uni turned to Kaiari.

"You're really observant Kaiari-Tan.", She flushed up and looked away from her "Stop kissing my ass already, and can you use your kimono to cover yourself already! People are staring, it's getting annoying.", Uni stared at Kaiari, annoyed.

She looked over at Uni to see her removing her whole uniform,

"WHAT THE HELL!?!"

"MY CHEST IS COVERED SO IT'S FINE!! AND IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR COMPLAINING!!"

While the two were arguing a woman ran up to them with fear in her eyes. "PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!! M-My little sister...SHE'S GONE!! PLEASE HELP ME-", Uni grabbed the lady's hands and looked at her in the eyes with reassurance.

"Don't worry, that's why we're here. We'll save your sister, but first where was she last?", Kaiari nodded while the woman was getting herself back together.

"We were walking through the village, and she said she saw something...the next thing I knew...she was gone.", the girl cried into Uni's arms. Kaiari stood there and scanned the area. Till she saw a sparkle next to a building, Kaiari yanked the woman off Uni and dragged her towards the house. "Hey! You can't just throw someone like that!!",

"I do what I want, and look.", she drops Uni on the ground to see a sparkling gem.

"Miss Shinobu told me you have good eyes, and a bit of knowledge about things.", Uni's eyes lit up with joy "Yes!! I do!! From the looks of this gem.",

Uni held up the gem to her eye.

"It's a beautiful shade of red, and how translucent it is, it's not a red diamond. Maybe a ruby, or padparadscha. These are all rare gems worth fortunes to buy, unfortunately this is a faulty gem. At first glance you would rush to someone to trade it for money, but its a fake gem.", Kaiari was shocked on how Uni was able to get that information just by looking at a rock, but shrugged it off.

"Is this demon leaving "fake gems" for people to find??", Uni nodded.

"It would seem so.", she gave the gem to Kaiari to take a look. Till she noticed, a string that has attached itself to the gem. "Kaiari-Tan let go of the gem!!", before she would react she was yanked away, pulled from the sky like someone catching a butterfly with a net.

Uni quickly grabbed onto her leg and was dragged off with her.

(A/N)

Thank you for reading! This is a collab with my friend @AnimeWolfy13 who made Redeem. I'll be doing my best to write this this story, with that to be continued.