1 | dementor

"Feeling any better?" Ginny asked the girl who still laid in the bed, under the covers.

"No better than the last time you asked," Abigail replied, pulling off the cover and sitting up so she could look at the Weasley. "They don't seem to be getting any better and something tells me they won't get any better until I can figure out how to, I guess, control whatever this is." She stood up off the bed carefully, keeping herself balanced as she did so by holding the wall.

Ever since the end of last term, she had been having prolonged migraines. They had tried everything, both magic and muggle variety and nothing worked. Recently she spent most of her days locked away in the room she shared with Ginny and Hermione, occasionally leaving to get food or drinks or when she had a few minutes in which the room wasn't spinning and her head wasn't pounding.

"Is my dad back yet?" Abigail asked as she changed into clean clothes.

"He got back a little while ago but they're having a meeting now," Ginny explained. "We can join the rest of them if you're feeling up for it."

Abigail nodded and made her way to the top of the stairs where the twins were dangling their ears.

"It won't work, you know," Abigail pointed out as they stood at the edge of the stairwell.

"And why's that?" Fred inquired.

"Your mother put up an Imperturbable Charm," she replied and everyone was looking at her now. "She clearly knows she won't be able to confiscate all of your belongings so she came up with a solution to you listening in on the meetings."

"Okay, all-knowing witch," George began, "Why don't you tell us what they're talking about?"

"I don't know what they're talking about," she pointed out, "If you don't recall, I don't have complete control over what I know and don't know. If I did, I wouldn't want to know anything at all."

"And give up the gift?"

"I don't see it as a gift," Abigail shook her head as she stared down at the door where the adults talked behind, "I don't want to know things that are supposed to happen knowing I can't do anything about it. Believe me, if you had this so-called 'gift' you'd want nothing to do with it either."

The group fell silent and Abigail spoke up again. "I'm going to go lay down," she decided and turned to Ginny, "Can you let me know when dinner is ready?" The girl nodded and Abigail walked back to her room.

Once she had left the group, Harry looked at where she had been standing in confusion, "Is she alright?"

"She's as okay as she can be," Hermione frowned. "She's had these awful headaches all summer and can only leave the room for a few minutes at a time. Sometimes longer if she's lucky."

"Oh," Harry replied with a frown. He looked at where she had disappeared and addressed the group, "I'll be right back."

He knocked on the door to the girl's room and Abigail looked at the door in confusion, "It's open."

Harry opened the door a second later and closed it behind him, "How are you feeling?"

She smiled at this, "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

He shrugged, "Maybe we're both entitled to ask."

"I heard you've had quite the summer break."

"One could say that, yes."

"Dementors are just strolling around in the muggle world," Abigail shook her head. "Things really have changed." She looked up to see that Harry was watching and her eyes widened, "What? Is there something on my face?"