Chapter 26: Visiting Agrabah

Start from the beginning

"Sounds reasonable enough," Saito says.

"Gwarsh, I wonder how Aladdin 'n' Jasmine are doin'?" Goofy asks.

"So, what're they like?" Nagakura asks.

"Well, it's kind of a long story, but Aladdin is someone we fought alongside with when facing the Heartless. As for Jasmine, we had to rescue her from when Maleficent tried to open the door to darkness, which could only be opened by the power the princesses of heart have inside of themselves, including me," I explain. "I'm hoping to find out if they might know where Riku, Madison and my dad could be."

"Yeah, and the King!" Goofy exclaims.

"Keep dreaming, you two," Donald says.

"C'mon, Donald, you were thinking the same thing," Luke points out.

"No, I wasn't!" Donald exclaims.

"Sure you weren't," Harada says with a smile.

We continue walking through the backstreets of Agrabah. At some point, something catches Goofy's attention.

"Uh-oh, it's uh...um...It's Iago!" Goofy exclaims, making the rest of us turn around to see that it really is that parrot.

"Who now?" Nagakura asks.

"An enemy," Asch answers.

Chibi growls dangerously at the parrot.

"Wait! You got me all wrong," Iago says.

"No we don't!" I exclaim.

"You're Iago all right!" Donald exclaims.

"No! I mean, it's not the old me. I turned over a new feather," Iago tries to say. "I'm legit! No more scams. Promise!"

"Bet that's your new scam," Luke says with his arms crossed.

"Uh, sorry, but how do you know this bird?" Harada asks, most likely shocked at how well Iago can talk.

"You remember how we told you that we faced a group of villains who joined sides with Maleficent? One of them is Jafar. He was the Royal Vizier, advisor to the the king of Agrabah, until he decided to conquer the kingdom and force Jasmine into marrying him," Asch explains.

"He did a lot of bad things and Iago was there to help him do it," I say.

"Ya gotta believe me!" Iago pleads.

"Harmony, let's go!" Donald exclaims.

"I was stuck inside that lamp with Jafar. Remember?" Iago asks, still pleading for us to hear him out. "Well, I finally escaped. But then some things happened and..."

"Lamp?" Hijikata asks.

"Each genie has a lamp that they can be summoned from. Once they've granted all three wishes for their master, the genie goes back inside his lamp until a new master summons him by rubbing the lamp. When Jafar used to be Genie's master, he used his third wish to become a genie himself. The only chance we had back then at defeating Jafar was to seal him up inside of his own lamp and leave it buried in the desert," Luke explains.

"So. Free as a bird, huh?" Okita asks.

"Have fun!" Donald mocks.

"Gwarsh, fellas. He looks pretty sad," Goofy says.

"I feel bad for him," Mieu says, his ears drooping.

"Tell me you're not buying this," Asch says, giving Goofy and Mieu an annoyed look.