Episode 8:Operation:Christmas Scrooge

Start from the beginning

"Hey, there, looser."

Varian looked up at the owner of the voice.  "Burt."

"Long time since we talked."  The teen leaned against the wall.

"Huh, I don't recall,"  Varian snarked.

Burt faked a hurt expression.  "I am offended you don't remember."

"Well, if you're talking about pushing me in a frozen pool and almost giving me hypothermia, I do remember that.  I actually had it a couple weeks ago.  You should try it some time,"  Varian said sarcastically.

"Ha, and people thought I was the rude one,"  Burt snorted.

"This is my way of saying that you don't scare me Burt!  So, unless you're here to be friends, you better pack up and move out."  Varian clenched his fists.  He was not letting this guy mess with his day.

Burt's face grew red with anger.  "Are you sure about that?"  He stood face to face with Varian.

Burt was almost as tall as his older brother, Brad.  He certainly took after his brother with the broad shoulders and large muscles.  He was pretty big for a fifteen year old.  Varian, on the other hand,  was the typical, scrawny nerd.  He was slightly shorter than the average height of his age, which drove him nuts.

Varian just stared up at the other boy, not losing a beat.  He gave him a glare almost fit to rival Cassandra's, but it was hard to take his big blue eyes seriously.  Burt huffed and backed down.  He stormed out of the room behind the stage.

Varian sighed with relief.  His heart was pounding in his chest.  Eugene was right.  He had told Varian to just stand up to Burt and he would leave Varian alone.  Or, so he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, I think we got it all done today, so we're gonna wrap it up!"  Brad said.

Varian gave him a mischievous grin.  He was in a good mood.  "You know, you're a lot better in person, than I thought.  You're not half bad."

Brad shook his head and laughed.  "Not half bad?  Does that mean I'm all bad, or not bad?"

Varian shrugged.  "Take it whichever way you want."

"Alrighty, then,"  Brad nodded in approval.

"Cassie!  Why are you carrying the sheep?" Varian shrieked suddenly.

"For the last time, Varian!  It's Cass!  And the sheep are cardboard for goodness sake!  They're lighter than my dinner plate!"

"Oh…"  Varian blushed at his mistake.

Rapunzel laughed as she put the paint supplies away.  "It's ok, Varian!  I just got after her for picking up an empty box.  It was the size her fists too."

"Well just because it's small, doesn't make it any less heavy,"  Varian put his finger up as he stated the fact.

"No, it had my paint," Rapunzel chuckled.

"Both of you seriously are on my nerves,"  Cassandra growled.  "I can take care of myself just fine."

"But you can do better with us,"  Varian pointed out.

"You're about to get a fist in the face, kid,"  Cassandra threatened.

Varian shrugged as if he didn't care.  Brad was still amazed Varian had made it that far without a threat.  Let alone him still being unfazed by it.

Varian got a message on his watch.  "Dad's here to pick me up.  Gotta fly!"  he waved to his friends.  He could have easily walked home on his own, but both him and his dad were still shaken from the hypothermia incident.  Of course, Varian would have to walk some days because his dad couldn't get off work that early all the time.