"Oh," he said, bluntly. Kaya had to hold back a laugh.

"Oh," she repeated.

"I haven't fucked up saying that, have I?" said Fred, creasing his face slightly as though dreading Kaya's response. Still, she smiled.

"No," she said, the familiar feeling of her heart swelling like it normally did around the boy emerging. Although, it definitely swelled a lot more than usual in this particular moment.

Fred broke into a grin, his brown eyes sparkling with glee.

"I love you," he said, softly.

"I love you," Kaya beamed back.

And for a moment, it was as though all of the pain in her head, in her knuckles or anywhere else around her body had been washed out with nothing but bliss.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Umbridge had not quite yet managed to catch out Kaya and Jaeden, and bring them to her office just yet, like she'd sworn to do. The pair's first thoughts immediately went to the twins, and did not hesitate to question them on whether they had done anything to her.

"What do you mean?" George said in a tone of fake hurt. "We'd never! I'm offended you think we'd do anything remotely horrible to that lovely old lady,"

"OK, now the sarcasm has passed," said Maisie. "Did you actually do anything to her?"

"Nah," Fred said, glancing around to ensure nobody else was listening in, before continuing. "Our next phase is later on, Harry needs to get into her office, so we're matching it up the same time as him so it's a distraction. Clever, eh?"

"As long as it works," said Milo.

"Your lack of faith in us is shocking," said George.

"So... where is the bitch, then?" Kaya frowned. "I thought she'd be straight back over to deal with me. Haven't seen her once since,"

"You probably scared her off," said Lee. "It was like your were possessed, or something. She's probably planning your exorcism,"

"Thanks,"

"What? I'm just saying!" he said. "When everyone talked about this 'Angry Kaya' I just pictured you having some sort of bitch fit, not turning into a wild boar and completely smashing someone's shit,"

"Her Patronus is a lion," Maisie said. "That should've been a big enough warning,"

"I don't think Fred was expecting it, either," said Jaeden with a mischievous grin, before sending Kaya's boyfriend a teasing glance. George laughed.

"Yeah," he added. "I think he was gonna collapse by the end - he was red in the face in the beginning and all she did was fling one punch,"

Fred chose not to comment.

"I think the fifth years are doing those careers interviews," said Milo, aiding his friend from being taken the piss out of even more and deciding to change the subject. "Umbridge'll probably try and squeeze her way into them, you know what she's like,"

"She'll try and force everyone to work for Fudge," said Kaya.

"I don't see the point in doing these interviews in fifth year, anyway," said Maisie. "I mean - did anyone actually know, for sure? 'Cause I know I didn't,"