Chapter 1: The Royal Rumble Bumble

WEEK 1, NiGHT 1

December 2012 - Christmas Eve

1 Month before Royal Rumble

1 Night after TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs

Monday Night RAW

CM Punk has been champion all year, and is ready to end it as one too. He's been taking out competitors left and right. Most recently, and for the third time since WrestleMania, Daniel Bryan. Three months ago, after being Bray Wyatt's target all summer, Daniel Bryan finally put him away - and in the hospital. He then re-set his sights on the WWE Championship last month, before losing (again!).

Tonight, Daniel Bryan opens the show. Recapping his last year (losing to Punk at WrestleMania 28, beating Alberto Del Rio at Extreme Rules, losing to Punk again at Payback, his fued with Bray Wyatt, which ended in him putting Wyatt in the hospital. Being left off of 3 pay-per-view cards. Leading a Survivor Series team to victory, and losing to Punk, again, last night), he says that it wasn't quite the 2012 he had in mind. He says that 2013 will be his year, which is why he's entering the Royal Rumble match. Which he's going to win, and then he's going to main event WrestleMania again this year, and win the WWE Title. He leaves the ring, after which a strange message plays on the titantron "Follow".

Backstage, after watching Daniel Bryan talk, CM Punk decides that he's done enough, and will take the night off at the Royal Rumble. He tells this to Triple H, but Triple H tells him that champions don't get the night off, and tells him to keep his eyes on RAW tonight.

Later, Triple H makes his way to the ring, and announces an 8-man tournament, where two winners will face CM Punk at the Royal Rumble in a Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship. Backstage, a pissed off Punk leaves the building. Triple H says that matches will be held over the next three weeks, on both RAW and SmackDown.

The main event is the first match in the tournament, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian. Christian wins. The show ends with the word "Follow" flashing on the screen.

WEEK 1, NiGHT 2

December 2012

1 Month before Royal Rumble

Friday Night SmackDown

Daniel Bryan talks about not being in the WWE Championship tournament, and vows to win the Royal Rumble. He then receives a phone call with no one on the other end.

The main event is a tournament match between Kane and The Miz. Kane picks up the victory.

WEEK 2, NiGHT 1

December 2012 - New Years Eve

3 weeks before Royal Rumble

Monday Night RAW

CM Punk is back, and talks about the deck being stacked against him. He talks about how he's been champion for almost a year, and how everyone wants a piece of him. He then says that even though it'll basically be two-against-one at the Royal Rumble, he'll still win, cause he's the best in the world. Chris Jericho interrupts him, and says that he'll win on Friday, and beat Punk and what ever idiot they go up against at the Royal Rumble. They stare each other down, as the show goes on a break.