4

I was about the step into the next room of her mysterious secret spider base when I started to think. My brain probably wasn't processing clearly before. Probably because of the sleep lost with the Spider-Man patrols that had to be pushed back because of the internship with Mr. Stark. 

Natasha was acting different. Even though I haven't known her that long, there's this feeling that the Natasha who was waiting expectantly in front of me wasn't the Natasha that texted me because she was curious about who Mr. Stark was constantly talking to.

"What's with the hold-up? It's not like the doors are going to slam on you as you walk in," The not really Natasha said, grinning. Her hands were on her hips and she wore a casual care-free stance, unlike the look where she was analyzing and studying everything around her.

I tried to shoot her a smile that showed that I wasn't suspecting her to be Him. The maybe Natasha smiled back and walked through the sliding door that led to the next area. 

Mustering the best Peter-Is-Happy-And-Totally-Doesn't-Thing-You're-The-Villain look I could, I walked through the door. I knew that I could be wrong about the Natasha walking confidently in front of me, but I didn't want to take my chances. I felt sorta stupid for following her in my half awake mind. 

If it was really who I thought it was bringing me to this place, I had to be careful of everything. I could really use that tingle like feeling that pops up every once in a while. 

Something moved. I eyed the little shape that was flickering in and out of sight. His cloaking skills have gotten better, but not by much. Hoping the might be drone didn't catch me looking, I walked forward, slowly.

Taking a deep breath, I turned around and ran. If it was actually Natasha, I wouldn't be hurt and there wouldn't be anything shooting at me. Just like I thought, I heard the sound of shooting and immediately, I twisted and turned to dodge. 

Trying to remember the route I came, I scanned the area for the drones. Sure enough, there were six little box-like drones I could sense and see. 

After ducking down to avoid something being shot at me, I shot up and kicked one of the drones, sending it flying into a wall. 

Suddenly the illusions covering the building disappeared, leaving me looking at a dimly lit basement. 

I started fighting, letting my spider senses take over me. Soon enough, there were six beat-up drones at my feet.

"Oh? I've seen you gotten better." It was him. The person I tried so hard to forget. The person that ruined my life.

Mysterio was here.

No idea where the chapter idea came from, but I hope you enjoyed it :) 

-Sophia