°Chapter : 7°

The next day, Jihoon waited for doyoung to come downstairs so he could share comforting words. But unfortunately, doyoung had no plans of coming down. He stayed in his room the whole time. 

Jihoon: why isn't he coming down?

Hyunsuk: I'll go check up on him. 

Hyunsuk went upstairs and opened doyoung's room's door. 

Hyunsuk: doyoung-ah...

He softly called doyoung's name, but there was no response from doyoung, who was wrapped in his blanket. 

Hyunsuk: maybe he's still asleep...

Through out the day, junkyu, mashiho and hyunsuk would occassionally visit him. In the end they just decided to leave him alone for a while.

Jihoon: I don't think it's space he needs right now. He must feel pretty shit about not getting in, since dancing is his true passion and something that makes him feel confident. I'll go and try to talk to him. 

Jihoon got up from the kitchen table and left the kitchen. Mashiho, junkyu and hyunsuk shared knowing glances.

Junkyu: yes! We did it!

Mashiho: mission accomplished.

Hyunsuk: we're true geniuses. I said it, I meant it. But props to jihoon for actually being concerned. This just goes to prove that he indeed does love doyoung.

Mashiho: of course he does. They've spent half their childhood together with you. 

Meanwhile jihoon subtly walked upstairs, not wanting to wake doyoung up. Not just yet. He subtly opens doyoung's room's door. 

Jihoon: doyoung-ah...

His soft voice perked up doyoung's ears. Of course, he refused to respond. Jihoon sighed.

Jihoon: doyoung-ah, i know you're awake.

Jihoon moved aside doyoung's blanket and sat on the edge of his bed. Doyoung was facing the wall on the other side. 

Jihoon: doyoung-ah, I know you're mad at me. And you have full right to be mad. I never thought about how hurt you felt with my treatment towards you. And i never miss the chance to blame myself out of guilt these days. It's what i deserve.

Despite not replying, doyoung was paying full attention.

Jihoon: I know it would be selfish of me to expect you to forgive me especially after i said such hurtful words after treating you unfairly. But I just wanted to tell you, you're one of the best dancers I've ever seen. Not getting into the dance club doesn't mean you aren't talented. You are amazing at dancing, I assure you that. And you look the brightest, the happiest when dancing. The real doyoung shows everytime you dance. And i love seeing that doyoung.

Doyoung's heart skipped a beat.

Jihoon: I seriously love your dancing. And i love you, my little dongsaeng. I'm thankful for you always being by my side. And I am truly sorry for what i did. 

Jihoon came closer to doyoung and hugged him on top of his blanket. Doyoung felt warm. Not because of the blanket, but because of Jihoon's comforting grasp. 

Jihoon: Come down when you feel better, baby. Everyone is waiting for you. I am waiting for you. I mean it.

Jihoon rubbed doyoung's arm over the blanket and got up to leave. Once doyoung heard the door close, he couldn't help but sob thinking of everything that had happened the past two weeks. He finally sat up and wiped away his tears.

Doyoung: ah that hyung really...this is what his affection feels like...despite never experiencing it before, I loved him. Now i love him even more...

Doyoung waited a while till he looked like he never cried. He turned on his room lights for the first time that day and decided to wash up and begin a fresh start. 

Doyoung: thank you, junkyu hyung. Thank you, mashi hyung. Thank you, hyunsuk hyung. 

Doyoung's mouth's corners lifted up as he smiled.

Doyoung: and thank you, jihoonie hyung.