CHAPTER ONE; the weasleys

~Y/N's POV~

"The Quidditch World Cup!?" I shrieked. "No way!"

"How'd you get tickets dad?" my older brother Cedric asked our father excitedly.

"Got them from work," Dad explained. "only three tickets for us because your mother doesn't want to come, so it'll just be you, me and Y/N."

"Wicked!" I grinned. "What if I get Viktor Krum's autograph!"

Cedric chuckled. "Dream on little sister."

"Sod off Cedric." I playfully glared.

"Make me." He grinned.

"You two need to calm down." Our mum said from the kitchen where she was making dinner. "It's just a game."

Cedric and I looked at each other, and then our mother.

"Just a game?" Cedric asked, shocked. "Just a game!"

"Mum! It's the Quidditch World Cup!" I cried.

"It's just another Quidditch match-"

"Just another Quidditch match?" Cedric asked, clearly about to rant.

"Okay okay kids. That's quite enough." Dad came back into the room. "I know you're exited for the World Cup and the new school year, but you're going to have to wait."

"Fine." I sighed, walking up to my room and pulling out one of my Astronomy books.

I love the stars, how they shine and all the constellations. I find them very interesting. Astronomy has always been my favourite subject at Hogwarts because of it. Some nights, when I feel lonely or sad, I'll go up to the Astronomy Tower and just stare at the stars. It's calming, in a way.

I read for a while before mum called me down for dinner. The meal was the same as every other night. A few conversations here or there but mainly silence.

I quickly finished and went back upstairs. The Quidditch World Cup was the day after the next so I had to make sure I had everything packed. It was only for a night so I didn't pack much. Pyjamas, spare clothes, socks, jacket and a few other things. I was going to bring one of my many Astronomy books but I didn't want to lose it.

I was digging through papers and a few letters on my desk when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I said, not really paying attention to who was there.

"Wow, just going to ignore your brother are you?"

"What do you want, Cedric?" I sighed, facing my older brother.

"I was just letting you know you left your book in the kitchen earlier." He handed over yet another one of my Astronomy Books. This one was about the constellations of the stars and astrological meanings, one of my favourites.

"Oh, thanks, Ced." I took the book from his hands and put it back on my bookshelf.

"You're already packing?" Cedric asked, nodding to my backpack sitting by my bed.

"Yes, we're leaving in two days and I'll probably forget tomorrow!" I said, grabbing a spare piece of parchment off my desk. "Now sod off."

"Very polite, Y/N." He laughed, leaving my room and closing my door.

I rolled my eyes, pulled out my quill and some ink and began to write.

Dear Gwen,

Guess what! Dad got himself, Cedric and I tickets to the Quidditch World Cup! I'm so exited. It really sucks you can't come, I would've invited you if we had more tickets. I promise I'll get you something and tell you all about it when school starts.