CHAPTER ELEVEN; the black lake

~Y/N's POV~

After the ball was helping Cedric with the second task. He had taken Moody's advice about putting the egg in the water and it gave him the clue. It was a song of sorts. Cedric said he thought it would have had something to do with the Black Lake.

"Look Y/N, I'm telling you." Cedric was saying as we walked over the bridge towards the castle. "The Merpeople are definitely- oh look it's Potter."

"What about him?" I asked looking over to see Harry walking away from Hermione. Cedric then grinned at me before running after Harry.

"Potter! Potter!" He called and I rolled my eyes. I didn't listen to their conversation but Harry didn't look very enthusiastic. Harry then walked off and Cedric came back over to me.

"What did you even say, Ced?" I asked.

"I told him how to get the clue." Cedric answered.

"What did you say though?"

"I told him to take a bath with the egg." Cedric looked proud of himself. "I gave him the password to the prefects bath."

"I see... and did you explain exactly what he needed to do?"

"No..."

"Good job Ceddy Spaghetti."

———

It was the day before the second task and Cedric had already decided to use the bubble-head charm when he went underwater. We had no clue what his 'stolen treasure' was going to be and Cedric was spitballing ideas to me while we sat in the Hufflepuff Common Room.

"What if they take my watch while I'm asleep?" He frowned, covering his left wrist where his watch was. "Or what if they take my broom!"

"They wouldn't take your broom, Ced." I rolled my eyes. "The water would wreck it."

"Oh yeah...the lake." Cedric flopped onto the couch and rested his legs on my lap. Ernie Macmillan then came in and walked up to me.

"Professor Moody's lookin' for you, Y/N." He muttered and then went over to where Justin was sitting. I sighed and shoved Cedric's legs off of me.

"I'll be back soon...Probably." I stood up and headed for the door. "You better get some sleep, Cedric, or you'll drown or something."

"Yeah alright. See you later, Y/N/N."

"Yep, see you Ced." I left the common room and made my way to Professor Moody's office.

———

~Cedric's POV~

I woke up early the next morning and quickly got ready for the next task. Since it was February it was still a little cold and they expect me to swim in the lake? In this weather? I'm probably going to freeze to death.

Once I was ready I left my dorm with Malcom and waited in the common room for Y/N. After about ten minutes Gwen, Hannah, Irene and Heidi left their dorm.

"Hey girls, is Y/N in your dorm still?" I asked and Hannah shook her head.

"I thought she already left?" Irene stated, puzzled.

"I didn't hear her come back last night...is she okay?" Gwen sounded worried so I started to get worried.

"I haven't seen her...But I'm sure she's fine." I tried to convince myself. "She probably just got back from Moody's office late and went to get breakfast early."

"Yeah. Probably."

———

Turns out she's at the bottom of the lake.

I shook my hands around to get rid of my nerves as I looked into the dark water of the lake. Someone called my name so I looked up and awkwardly waved towards the voice. I looked to my side where Professor Moody whispered something to Potter and pat him on the back.

The canon went off and I jumped into the water. I used the bubblehead charm to help me breathe under the water and I began to swim around the murky water to find my little sister. There was a high pitched scream and my head shot up and I swam towards the noise. Once I got through a thick patch of seaweed I found Potter with the four hostages. Y/N, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and Fleur's little sister Gabrielle. As I swam towards Y/N I sent a spell at the rope holding her down. I wrapped one arm around her waist before looking to Potter and tapping at my watch with my wand. He nodded in understanding and I swam upwards towards the surface.

~Y/N's POV~

My eyes snapped open, I took a deep breath in and looked around. I was soaking wet and in the black lake. Cedric was floating next to me and breathing heavily.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I managed to get out as we swam towards the stands where the teachers, students and judges were. Once we were helped up onto the stands Madam Pomfrey wrapped towels around us in a fuss and Cedric was soon crowded by students.

Gwen then ran over to me. "Y/N are you okay?"

"Yeah..."

"We were all so worried!" Irene exclaimed while giving me a hug.

"Yeah, those Weasley twins kept on asking if we knew where you were as well." Heidi told me.

There was another splash and Krum came up from the water with Hermione. They swam to the dock and were wrapped in towels and blankets of their own.

"I can't believe this. Putting students in the lake!" Madam Pomfrey huffed as Hermione looked around. I followed her gaze to see Fleur, who was crying by the edge of the water.

Why was she up here? Did she get her treasure already? How long was she there?

"Y/N!" I turned around to see George and Fred coming over to me.

"You all right?" Fred asked. "George was pretty worried, he thought you were killed or something."

"Shut up." Scowled George and I chuckled.

"I'm fine, guys. just a little cold."

"Yeah, I bet. The lake looks freezing." George nodded.

There was then another splash and Ron and Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle came up from the water.

"Where's Potter?" I heard a voice from behind me asked and a moment later there was a splash and Harry landed on the floor next to Hermione and Gabrielle.

After some thought the judges gave Cedric first place, but Harry second place for saving both 'treasures' and having 'moral fiber' while Krum got third. Fleur was disqualified for not successfully saving her sister.

After the places were announced we were allowed to take boats back to the castle.

"You are sure you're okay, right?" George asked me just before we boarded the boats.

"Yes, George. I'm fine. It was just a bit of water." I answered with a smile. It was funny how concerned he was.

"If you say so."

Hi? The third task is up next... in both of the stories actually. Huh... Anyway, uhh Deadric.
1137 Words