Prologue

I do not own Star Wars, Disney owns Star Wars and the Star Wars universe.

________________________________________________________

45 bby (13 years before Episode I, The Phantom Menace)

Narrator's POV

Somewhere near Naboo space rests a small councilor ship with as shuttle docked on its side. Inside the rooms and halls are dimly lit. Save for the hum of the ships systems, it's dead quiet. The largest room on the ship is near its center. A long rectangular throne room with a towering shadow near its throne. Another has entered its presence and bows before him.

"Have you finished?" The towering figure inquires.

"Yes my Master." The voice echos ominously from below his dark hood. "Soon we will rule the Galaxy, my Master."

"Good, my apprentice. Carry on." He leans forward, adding in almost a whisper. "Do not fail me!"

A crimson light ignites in the apprentice's hand as it is thrust forward into the towering figure.

"I will not."

The younger figure rises as the other crumples to the ground. The red light from the lightsaber illuminates his glowing red irises. A cruel smile forms on his face as he gazes down at his old master.

—————

Marquikise's POV

I love my mother, she is a wonderful woman. Her rolling, brown hair and smile bring life to any room. Her positive energy even brings the occasional a smile to my father's face. He is hard a hard man to please. If we don't follow exactly what he asks, he will correct our ways. He's demeanor changes the instant guests arrive. The second an outsider steps into our house, he will put on a large smile and offers warm greetings. I can not understand this. It's like he lives two lives. Everything seemed fine until fateful morning, I could sense something was off the moment I woke up.

"You and Marquikise will not come to my speech today!" My father demands. It's the early part of the morning and my mother is preparing food. A sad look fills her usually joyful face. "I cannot let the Jedi to find out that he has force powers."

"Why not?" She asks him, her normally cool self gone. "You have force powers but are not a Jedi. Why does it matter?"

"The Jedi are deceitful and are not to be trusted." He looks more angry.

"Name one instance."

"The cover up of spice trading by the Banking Clan."

"They said it was to catch the smugglers. Besides, what is the problem with our son becoming a Jedi?" My father turns red in the face.

"I will tell you why! I won't send that boy off to people like Jedi." As she turns from the food, he adds. "And for the son I never wanted."

"How dare you say such a thing-"

"I despise him!" He explodes. "It's a mockery of my image."

"But he looks just like you!" My mother shouts through the starting tears.

"In fact our marriage is lacking the political image I wanted with you." He sneers.

"Fine! I'll tell the galaxy what a son hating, wife hating, Jedi hating, wannabe politician that you are."

Something within me yells RUN, so I sprint to the nearest hiding place. Shutting myself into a small storage unit, suddenly I hear a spine shivering snap. I can no longer see my mother through a crack of the door. My father wanders toward my hiding place and I pretend he cannot see me. I can sense his frightening gaze for a few tense moments. So, I try to shut him out of my scared mind.