Chapter 7: The Clone Wars

Marquikise's POV

"Won't you let me out?" A female voice asks.

"Only with his or another Jedi's consent." An artificial voice replies.

"Come on, can't you accompany me?"

"That's not in my protocol."

"Rest easy I can take care of this." Another voice interrupts. "Dalka, I instructed you to stay with him at all times."

"I'm a citizen of the Republic and am free to leave whenever I want." She demands.

"I will not question you on your citizenship but this is a matter of medical issues."

"I'm fine! I can walk, can't I?" She angrily counters.

"I understand, but you must also know that your connection to this new discovery has made many members of the council want to know more. We must be able to ensure your witness statement is not devalued by any medical conditions you may have."

"You have everything that you need. I'm not going to give any additional information." She replies. "Now, may I leave?"

The other voice takes a second before answering.

"You're free to go."

"But sir-" The droid tries to interject.

"He's stirring." The other voice starts.

I raise my head and blink my eyes into focus. I'm still seated in the corner of the medical room. Dalka is gone and I can see my Master in the doorway. He greets me, and enters the room. A droid behind him is still looking down the hallway.

"I see you have constructed your lightsaber." He extends his hand and I pass my lightsaber to him. He examines it before igniting the blade. "Not my style of lightsaber but one that could suit your form four style."

He passes it back.

"I enjoyed watching your training under Master Yoda and other form four users. But I must caution you, it is an aggressive form."

"Yes Master."

"I must inform you of the events that transpired during your rest." He sighs. "We lost many Jedi in a battle that we're referring to as the Battle of Geonosis."

My look of confusion must be his prompt continuation.

"When Master Kenobi, Skywalker and Senator Amidala were going to executed, we staged a failed capture attempt of the culprit, Count Dooku. This was most likely the man you encountered." He stops for a second. "Master Yoda was able to join up with the new grand army of the Republic to rescue the remaining Jedi. The Geonosians has set us up with their droid counterattack force. The resulting battle left both sides with heavy casualties."

"What army did you say Master Yoda brought?" I ask.

"Master Kenobi, found a planet called Kamino. A race there, called the Kaminoans, created a clone army for the Republic." He pauses. "I know this might be a lot to take in, but our next mission is in urgent need of our service."

"Alright." I nod, only barely grasping what he just explained.

"Come on." He turns to the door. "We are expected to be on board of a cruiser now."

My still sleep dazed trance is overcome by the stress of being late. Quickly strapping my belt around my tunic, before rushing out of the room. Dashing after my Master, I fall in step. He leads me to the hanger and toward a pair of light, single person starships. He immediately jumps into the green shaded star fighter, leaving me with the one with a pair of red circles on the otherwise unpainted starship. I jump in and engage the flight sequence. The autopilot skillfully maneuvers the starship out of the hanger and follows my Master's ship to the capital ship in the airspace over the Jedi temple. The hanger on the ship opens and my autopilot carefully maneuvers my ship into the hanger. We land and I exit my ship. I'm immediately greeted by a soldiers full attention and in a white, full armed suit and full face helmet. One stands in front of the row, helmet markings seem to distinguish him from the others behind him.