Chapter Two- College Struggles.

~~Cinnamon's point of view~~

~Two years earlier~

My name is Cinnamon Sugar Corne Jo (Corn-e- Jo). I am almost twenty-two years old. I am from Nashville, TN, but I am living in Los Angeles. I go to school at UCLA. I worked hard to get to where I am. I gave up having a normal high school experience to make sure I got into a good school. I was determined. I wasn't going to disappoint my parents. My Dad went to Harvard, and my Mom went to Yale. I wanted to make them proud. 

It's the summer before my senior year of school; I work at a daycare. I am studying pediatric nursing; I can't wait to finish it; I am excited to start working; I love kids. I am an only child, and that was lonely. I knew I'd grow up to do something with kids.

I had a two-year scholarship. Though my parents are divorced, they agreed that my mom would pay for my junior year, and my Dad would pay for my senior year. The new semester starts in two months. I'm not nervous yet, but I will be the day it starts. I just know it.

I don't live in a dorm. I live in a four-bedroom home off-campus with my best friend and our two roommates. Were all friends and get along great. It's Brittany, Amy, Ebony, and me. We are all different, but I wouldn't want to live with anyone else. The four of us may be different, but the one thing we have in common is that none of us party. We all stay at home and study. If not, we're at work. All of our work.

It's the end of my shift; I clock out and head home. It's not that far. We live close to campus, and the daycare is at the end of the street, but I am fat. I am not walking to work. That is my only downfall. I am fat, but I am beautiful, and I know I am. I'm not conceited, though. I know the others will be home when I get there. They all get home before me.

It's my night to cook, so I'll shower and then get started on dinner. I knew it was my night when I got up, so I set chicken breast out. I am going to make fajita stuffed chicken breast with white rice. Everyone likes it, so I make it at least once a month. I walk in, and Amy is standing at the kitchen counter.

Amy: "How was your day?"

Cinnamon: "Good and yours?"

Amy: "It was ok. The witch was truly evil today."

Brittany is an English major. She works for a publishing company. Right now, she is the assistant to the editor in chief. She gets along great with her boss. The witch she is referring to is the secretary for their floor. She thinks Amy is having an affair with the boss, and she's crazy about him herself.

Cinnamon: "What was her deal?"

Amy: "I had a two-hour meeting with Henson and his brother. She swears we were having a threesome, so she intentionally ruined my work. It's a good thing I know her tricks. I had made copies and left those on my desk. I had taken my originals in with me."

Cinnamon: "Good thinking."

She doesn't know that I know it, but I know that she does have a relationship with Jenson. Henson and Jenson are twins. They aren't Identical. Their parents own the publishing company that she works for.

Amy: "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. There is a letter on the coffee table from your Dad."

Cinnamon: "Oh, ok. It's probably my check for school. It's due next week."

Amy: "Do you want me to go get it?"

Cinnamon: "Do you mind?"

Brittany: "I wouldn't have offered if I did."