27

"Hey, jerkfaces! I'm back! Forget about me?! It's only been three months since you all saw me last! Nice to know y'all care." I continue to yell as I walk into the boarding house and then into the parlor. I see Damon and Elena making out on the couch and I roll my eyes as she fixes her shirt.

"Eliza?!" She gets up and vamp speeds towards me. That's new. Before she can get to me, I take a step to my right and she runs into a wall. I laugh and she turns around glaring at me.

"What the heck, Eliza? You've been gone for three months, and you won't let me hug you? What's your problem?" My smile turns into a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that I was gone for three months, and none of my family ever came looking for me. I was with sick, sadistic men, and I never once heard you guys. I was literally still in Mystic Falls, but I see you were too busy shacking up with Damon to give a crap about your sister. Screw this. I was gonna come and see the people I thought cared about me, but obviously you guys don't. I'm going to back to the people who actually love me." I walk out of the boarding house and get in Elijah's car that I borrowed. Before I go home, I wanna see Jer.

As I start to drive through my neighborhood and to my house, I see that it's not there anymore. What the heck?! I pull into what used to be the driveway and see burn marks on the ground. I get out and walk into our burnt finer lawn. I kneel on the ground and feel the crispy grass. This fire had to have happened a month or so ago. What happened?! All of my stuff is gone!

I hear footsteps, so I turn on my heel ready to fight. I see Caroline walking up to me with a sad look on her face.

"Eliza-" she doesn't say anything other than my name and I know this is more than just a burnt down house.

"Where is he? Car, where is Jeremy?! Where is my brother?!" She puts a hand on my shoulder and that's when I realize. He's gone. A sob breaks through my mouth and I fall to the ground. "No, no, no, no. He can't be! What happened?! What happened?!"

I feel a burning start to build deep in my muscles and I realize it's the same sensation I felt with the wolf. I welcome it this time, wanting something to preoccupy my mind other than the fact that my brother is dead. My twin is gone.

The burning intensifies and I s steam as it starts to make its way through my hole body. I again see the light source that I saw last time, and I feel my body go numb. I see somebody run up to me, yellin my name, but before I can make out who it is, I fall to the ground, seeing nothing but black.