"Then why does it bother you if I see him?"

"Because I kept a map of where I put that hatchet. Calvin is just-don't. You have to believe me when I'm telling you, it's for the best. It's better for you to run as far as you can."

"How do you know?"

"I don't regret meeting Calvin. I don't regret it because without him I wouldn't have you, but I don't want to be around him."

"Do you not want me to see him because of your sake or mine?"

"Both. I would be lying if I wasn't scared of seeing him again but I know he'll hurt you. It's not worth it."

"Is that why you call him, Calvin? You're too scared."

"Adam. There you are. Happy?"

"No. I want to see him."

"No! Why can't you take that as an answer! Anytime I try and tell you to do something all you do is say no. I'm starting to feel like if I told you to breathe you would stop. Why do you hate me and why do you hate what I have to say? I'm trying, I'm trying so damn hard but dammit Olivia! I don't know how much longer of-of frickin you and this I can take. I can't-I can't breathe." She loses her mind, it's like she's turned down into a mental breakdown. She struggles to breathe and gasps for air.

"Are you okay?" I ask with genuine concern.

"What do you care?" She tears open the white paper bag and grabs an inhaler from it. She puts it together quickly and sprays the air into her lungs. She places her hand on the wall for a moment as she catches her breath.

"I feel like absolute shit right now so I'm going to lay down. I'm not having this conversation with you again." She tells me before walking away. She walks into her bedroom and closes the door sharply.

I look and see she left her phone on the table. I take it and attempt to open it but there's a password. There's not many things this could be.

131989 I type in and the phone opens. Predicable. I quickly open the contacts in her phone and scroll down to "Adam Wiles." I'm not sure why she kept his contact after all these years but at least I have his number now. I quickly take a picture of the number from my phone and close her phone. Taking a picture of a phone from your phone...quite odd. I leave the phone where it was and run upstairs. I look at the number and begin to dial it. I'm running on pure adrenaline at this point. The phone begins to ring and it's picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, uh-is this Adam?" I ask.

"Who is this?"

"Olivia. I'm Taylor's daughter."

"This is strange. Is there something you need?"

"I want to meet you."

• • •

My leg is shaking violently as I sit at the small table at the café. He agreed to meet me and I'm waiting for him right now at a small restaurant a few minutes away. I watch as he walks over to me. He sits down across from me as he tries to keep as much distance as he can.