chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE:
try to quit with rosie

Rosie was embarrassed by Ricky for Nina. He went off script and was doing his own thing entirely. Everyone knew he was talking about his ex-girlfriend. She felt bad for Nina, the girl was trying to move on. He sang the song that Nina had written for him to express his love.

The auditions ended shortly after, and Rosie stayed behind. Rachel was long gone, her mother picked her but Rosie sat in one of the seats.

Miss Jenn was cleaning up, Carlos was making note of whatever she was saying. EJ stood in front of her. "You did good, you're a shoo-in for Kelsi."

"I'm not continuing," Rosie stood up, not even able to look at the boy. "This was stupid, this is not me," Rosie couldn't even believe she went on to do this.

Just seeing how crazy Ricky looked, Rosie knew she couldn't continue with the musical. She felt so stupid, she saw how EJ looked at Nina and she couldn't imagine putting Nina through more pain. Ricky was doing enough.

"What?" EJ stopped her. "You're going to do amazing. I always knew you'd do good in a musical. You have to prove it to yourself now." Rosie looked at their feet, shaking her head. He leaned down, looking at her and making her look at him. "Rosie-"

"Miss Jenn," Rosie walked away, hearing a heavy sigh from him. She looked at the girl. "I just wanted to say-"

"Rosie, you are a perfect Kelsi, I know I shouldn't be saying this but you are exactly who I imagined for the role," she smiled. Carlos nodded, showing the notes that circled her name over and over. "This is your first musical?"

"Oh yeah," Rosie nodded, taken back. "I just wanted to say-"

"I'm excited to see you for the rehearsal."

Rosie watched as Miss Jenn walked off, not letting the girl finish. Rosie frowned, she would just tell Miss Jenn tomorrow. "Even Miss Jenn agrees," EJ stood behind her.

Rosie turned around, finally looking at him. God she wanted to hate him, he broke her heart. He's dating someone new already. "I'm trying to quit because I see how much it bothers Nina!"

"The only person who is bothering her is Ricky," EJ explained, Rosie shook her head. "Ba-Rosie, trust me, she doesn't even care."

"God EJ you're an idiot!" Rosie screamed at him. "Of course she cares! Just like you care that Ricky is here!" EJ went silent as her a sudden outburst. Rosie never raised her voice, not like that. "Goodbye."

"Carlos is posting the cast list!" Someone yelled from the hallway. EJ looked at her once more and went to see who was on the list. Rosie went into the hallway, not even bothering to look at the list.

"You got Kelsi!" Kourtney smiled at the girl. Rosie nodded, about to leave when she heard EJ speak again.

"She thinks I'm a Chad?" She went to the group, seeing the neatly written cast list.

Nina was Gabriella, EJ was Chad, and Ricky was Troy.

Rosie felt like her being the in musical was the least of anyone's worries at this point. She felt terrible for EJ, she gave him a soft apology look but he shook his head in frustration.

THERE WAS A READ THROUGH today, which Rosie wasn't excited about. Anytime she tried to talk to Miss Jenn about dropping out, the women would ignore her and make comments about how excited she was for Rosie to be Kelsi.

Ricky caught wind of her trying to quit, and sent her a short, poorly spelled text message on why she shouldn't quit.

"Please!" Ricky rushed up to the girl. "Rosie, I have no idea what I'm doing. I need you and Big Red to get through this!"