Chapter 5

"If you don't mind me asking, why were you crying?" I immediately felt bad after asking that. I didn't think he would be comfortable enough to answer so I got ready for some silence. Surprisingly, Kazuichi answered.
"Well... it's a long story. Are you patient enough?"
"Yep." we got up and started walking.
"Here." I handed him the umbrella.
"Wait! If you give me this umbrella, won't you be soaking wet by the time we get to your room?" Kazuichi held the umbrella over both of our heads.
"I hate how this is so clichè, but this is the only solution I can think of."

After that, Kazuichi started to tell me everything.
"Are you ready to hear it now?"
"Yep."
"It started when you left. We started talking about random things that we would usually talk about, when I asked Sonia who she liked." said Kazuichi.
"Was that because of when she said she liked someone else?" I asked.
"Yeah. Then Gundham came in front of her and said that he was the one she loved, and that he loved her back too. I looked back at Sonia and asked if it was true."
"I'm guessing she said yes."
"Yep. By then it was pouring, so we all went to get some shelter. Everyone wanted to be alone for some reason. They all went to their own rooms. When I saw Gundham go into Sonia's room, I couldn't handle it anymore and ran here."
"What? Then why did I see everyone at the party when I went back?"
"Oh... They probably lied to me then. I can't believe they all did that."

He didn't even look or sound surprised at this point. Poor Kazuichi.
By the time he finished talking, we were at my room. I took out my key and unlocked the door.
"Do you want to go inside? If not, I'll lock the door again."
"Uh... I think I'll stay in your room. They'll never find me here."
"It's no use running away from your problems all the time, you know. You're gonna have to face them at some point. Anyway, here's my key. There's somewhere I need to be right now. Bye." I said as I handed Kazuichi they key to my room.
"Where are you going?"
"Somewhere." I could practically feel his annoyance from behind me as I walked off.

After I made sure he couldn't see me anymore, I started to quicken my pace.