Chapter 12

Ugh. Monokuma's so salty. Everyone walked away to go to their rooms. I started to walk as well, when I saw an envelope on the ground.
Someone must've dropped it. I thought. I'm gonna open it just to see who it belongs to. Then I'll give it to them. If I leave it here, someone might start reading it. I'll save them from embarrassment.
I opened the envelope and looked inside.
Kazuichi got over Sonia. Now he likes-
I could only read that much when I heard Kazuichi's voice.
"Y/n! Did you read inside? Please tell me you didn't..."
"Don't worry. I only read it to find out who it belonged to. Now that I know it's yours, I'll give it to you."
"Thanks... but did you read inside?" His cheeks went a little pink. I could barely see the pinkness, though.
"Yeah, but I only read this much: 'Kazuichi got over Sonia. Now he likes' so don't worry. I don't know who you like." I smiled at him.
"Well, that's a relief. I was surprised when I read it. I didn't even realise that I felt that way about the person until I read it." I was kinda sad. I thought I finally had a chance with him.
"Did yours say something about liking someone too? I noticed that Monokuma looked at you while talking about the motive."
"Uh... yeah." There were a few seconds of silence before Kazuichi spoke up.
"How about we say who we like at the same time? Then maybe we could help each other." Oh no. He probably likes someone else.
"I can't help but feel like someone's listening. How about we go to my room and then say it?"
"Sure. But let's go quickly." Kazuichi said as he grabbed my hand. He ran as fast as he could to my room.

I felt my face go bright red, but then he looked back at me and saw me blushing. He smiled at me and continued running. When we finally got inside, I sat on my bed and he stood up.
"Let's say it now. I'll count down from 5." I gulped. What would he do once he found out that I liked him?
"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."
"Kazuichi!"
"Yes?"
"No, I meant- just look." I handed him my envelope. I felt so embarrassed. I tried to hide my face in my hands as he read the paper.
"You like... me?"
"Yep." I forced myself to look at him. "You probably wouldn't like someone like me back though."
"Y/n?"
"Whoever you like must be really lucky."
"Y/n."
"I feel so-" I was cut off by Kazuichi, who suddenly kissed me. I was surprised, but was relieved that he stopped me from saying anything else because I felt like I was about to cry. He pulled himself away from me and said,
"Now, do you understand how I feel?" I nodded, still surprised.
"But what made you like me?" I asked. Kazuichi sighed.
"So you don't understand. I don't like you, I love you. And what made me fall for you was that you were always there for me. When I was rejected by Sonia, you were the only person that cared about me. The only person that came to check up on me. No one else ever cared. They just continued with their day like normal. But not you. You went out of your way to check up on me. You even risked being sick so that I could be safe."

I was so happy. But there was one thing that I still didn't understand.
"Since when did I risk getting sick?"
"Your memory's so bad, y/n." He chuckled playfully. "Remember? You went out in the rain to see if I was okay. You only brought one umbrella and you gave it to me instead of sharing it between the two of us, or using it for yourself."
"Oh yeah." I started crying out of happiness.
"Ahh!" Kazuichi started panicking. "Why are you crying? Did I hurt your feelings when I said your memory was bad? I'm so sorry! Please don't cry." I laughed. Kazuichi can be so cute sometimes. I heard him breathe a sigh of relief.
"Don't worry. I was crying out of happiness that you felt the same way as me. I knew you were joking when you said my memory was bad." He sat down next to me and rubbed my head.
"Geez, don't scare me like that! I almost had a heart attack!" I laughed again.
"Stop exaggerating. I would never do that to you."
"Well you almost did." We both laughed again. Suddenly, Kazuichi's face changed to a deep shade of red.
"Aww! I was trying to hold it back!" Kazuichi complained.
"Hold what back?" I asked.
"My blushing. You just looked so cute the entire time! I couldn't help but blush." That was the sweetest thing he ever said to me. (Probably because now it doesn't sound weird when he says it since we know that we both love each other). I smiled.
"Hehe. You're cute too!" Kazuichi put his head on my lap.

"It's nearly nighttime, and I want to stay like this for a while. Can I?"
"Of course you can." I kissed his forehead. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep, as I played with his hair.