I smell a new home

"Are we there yet?" asked the 8 year old. "Ugh shut up already!! Mom and dad already said we have to wait, god you're annoying." The older brother yelled. "Terrence, if you do not stop yelling at your brother, I am going to reach back and slap the shit out of you." Said the father. Terrence stayed quiet. "Sorry Terrence.." said the kid. "You don't have to apologize, Chris, he's just a bully!" Said the blonde girl in the back. The mother sighs, "At least we're gonna be in our new home soon, right, William?" William takes his hand and lays it gently on top of hers, "Yeah, and when we get home you kids can take a nap" The car fills with "yes!" after William had spoken. "-After we unpack" he adds. The 3 kids sigh and groan, "Chris and Elizabeth you two can play in the backyard though" The mother says. The siblings look at each other with smiles on their face and looks at their mom. "Thank you mummy!" They both say. The parents laugh, "You're welcome kids" 

The car ride lasts a couple hours before arriving home. "Clara, wake up the kids, please. I'm going to check the house out." William says, unbuckling his seatbelt. "Alright, kids get up, we're here." Clara says. William gets out and walk inside the house. "We're home?" Chris asks, "Finally" Terrence says, annoyed. "Terrence." the mother says in a serious tone. "I didn't even do anything- ugh, old hag." Terrence argues as he gets out of the car and begins to walk inside. Clara sighs and gets out as well. The two kids get out and look at the house in amazement. Clara walks to the very back of the car and opens the door. "Michael, wake up, we're here" Michael yawns and stretches." Hm? Wha- oh okay mom" Clara smiles and walks to Chris and Eli. "Go and play in the backyard while we unpack, okay?" The kids don't hesitate to run through the gate that leads into the backyard. William comes out pushing Terrence out with him, "I thought I told you to help unpack." Terrence turns around and pushes William, "You have to help too!" he yells, "I am-" he sighs, "Just go find your room and stay there, I don't wanna look at you right now." Terrence mocks him and starts to walks inside. "Wait." William says, "ugh what now?" Terrence stops walking and looks at his father. "Phone" William takes his hand out and gestures for the phone. Terrence scoffs and takes his phone out of his pocket and aggressively puts it in Williams hand then walks inside. 

After they've unpacked the important things, William and Clara sit on the couch and sigh. "What a day" Clara said, "At least we got the important shit done" William said and Clara laughs at his comment.

They sit quietly for a few minutes, but the quiet is interrupted by Chris coming in crying.  Clara jumps up and hugs Chis, "Hey, hey, what happened? Are you okay?" Chris stutters and can't speak properly from the crying. "Was it Terrence?" William asks, Chris nods his head and hugs his mum and cries more. William sighs and gets up and walks outside. "Shhh, it'll be okay, Chris..." Clara says, comforting Chris.

William walks out and sees Eli yelling at Terrence. "HE'S A KID YOU DON'T HAVE TO SCARE HIM ALL THE TIME YA BULLY!!" William walks over to them, "ENOUGH" He yells, Eli stops yelling and looks at William, "Daddy, he scared Chris with his mask again!" William raises his hand, "I am aware of what he did, now, Elizabeth, go inside, I'll handle this." Eli nods and walks inside.

Eli walks inside and walks to the living room and sits on the couch, "E-Eli..?" Chris asks, "Yeah?" She answers. "Is Terrence alright? Dad isn't being too mean to him...right?" He asks, his voice shaking. Elizabeth scoffs, "Why should you care? He's mean to you!" Chris whines and Clara sighs, "Elizabeth, even though your brother may be a bully, he's still human, like the rest of us." Eli sighs, "Right... sorry mum.." Clara smiles and rubs Chris's back. "S-So is he okay?" Eli rubs the back of her neck, "I think so?" Clara kisses the top of Chris's head, "I'm sure he's alright, Chris." Chris smiles, "Yay" he says. 

Terrence shorty walks in with his arms crossed with William behind him. "Go to your room. I don't want to see you ANYWHERE near any of MY kids. GOT IT!?" William yells. "Yeah yeah whatever. WILLIAM." Terrence yells back, walking top his room. William sighs. "Kids, go to your rooms and play, I need to have a talk with your father." Clara says, glaring at William. "Okay mum" They say. They get off the couch and run to their room. Clara sighs and gets up and walks to William. "He's your kid too, y'know." William crosses his arms and scoffs, "Not if he's gonna act like a fucking brat!" Clara's face fills with surprise. "Excuse me?" William looks at her, "HE'S 15 FOR GODS SAKE! HE'S GOING TO ACT LIKE A BRAT!" She yells. "I don't care. I do not want a child- MY CHILD to be a bully towards his siblings!" He yells back. "Why do you have to do this?" Clara sighs, "Do what? I'm not doing anything. YOU'RE THE ONE BEING A BURDEN!" Clara smiles and laughs a little, "Being a burden? BEING A BURDEN? WELL THEN. I MIGHT AS WELL FUCKING LEAVE THEN!" William laughs, "And where are you gonna go? Hm?" Clara walks to the counter and grabs her keys, "To my fathers, he lives here." William rolls his eyes, "Yeah, okay. Leave for all I care." Clara scoffs and walks out the front door, slamming it behind her. William sighs and walks to the phone on the wall. He picks up the phone, dials a number, and then calls someone.

??: Hello?

William: Hey, it's William.

??: Hey Will! How've you been? How're the kids?

William: They're fine... they're fine... uh, I need to ask you for a favor

??: Oh- Okay, what is it?

William: Can you come over and help me raise the kids? 

??: Yeah, why? Did Clara already find a job? 

William: She walked out on me, we had a fight and she left

??: Oh, I'm so sorry Will, yeah, I can help.

William: You should bring Charlie over, for Elizabeth and Chris!

??: Yeah, I'll do that, but she's with her mom right now, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

William: Ah, okay, anyways, can you come over tonight, Henry?

Henry: Yeah! Yeah! Sure, not a problem, I'll bring pizza if you haven't already eaten.

William: That'll be great, thanks

Henry: There isn't any need to thank me, Will, it's what friends do, right?

William: Right, anyways, I'll see you when you get here

Henry: Alright, bye

William: Bye

William hangs up the phone and walks to Terrence's room, He knocks slowly, "What?" Terrence says, "Can I come in, son?" William asks. "Hell no." Terrence says. William leans against the door and sighs, "Look, I'm sorry, okay?" He says, Terrence scoffs, "You're only sorry because your wife left you." There was silence for a moment. "Yes, but no. I'm genially sorry, okay?" Terrence sighs, "Whatever.." William gets off the door, "Just, don't bully your brother anymore, okay?" Terrence doesn't say anything. William walks to Michael's room and knocks, "Michael? You in there?"  Michael opens the door, "Yeah dad?" He says, "Look, your mother walked out, earlier, um.. so yeah.. William rubs the back of his neck, "I'm honestly not surprised, you two have been fighting for the past two weeks.." William chuckles, "yeah, I'm sorry about that, son." Michael smiles a little but it quickly goes away, "Its fine, nothing I can really do about it." William shrugs and walks to the kids' room and opens the door, "Hey kids, your mom found a job, so she won't be home for a long while, okay?" Chris and Eli look at their dad, "Okay" They say. William closes their door and walks to the kitchen. He leans on the counter and sighs, "sorry Clara.." He mumbles to himself.