Day 2 | The Perfect Tree

Day 2: The girls go on the hunt for a Christmas tree

-----

"I think we should go with this one! Ollie seems to like it..." Skye pointed at a small tree, her hat making happy noises towards it. Ollie was a strange creature, but one everyone else decided not to judge.

"Too small. How about this one?" TNTina stared at the massive tree behind the group like it was a whole truckload of the newest explosive weapons. The others rolled their eyes, judging the size of the tree.

"Tina, do you really think that'll fit through the doors? How would we get it inside?" Jules disputed, rubbing her gloved hands together. These three were having a hard time finding a tree they all liked, someone always finding something wrong with each tree they picked.

However, Maya was off in the distance, walking through the seemingly endless rows of different trees. She got tired of the other three arguing and decided to find something that would actually help them in their current mission of finding the perfect Christmas tree. Well, there's no such thing as perfection, but you can get pretty damn close if you try.

She was trained to have a good eye, and soon enough she spotted one that could fit the criteria of what they needed. Making a note of the exact location of where she was (and also placing down a small flag), she went off to get the others.

"Skye, we know that's what Ollie wants, but we can't possibly use one as small as that," TNTina was sitting on a bench near the farmhouse that sold these trees. Jules and Skye were standing to her two and ten, respectively. The former now held an ax that she grabbed from said farmhouse, angrily eyeing down the other two, and the latter was standing cross-armed, not wanting to change her mind about the small tree she picked.

"But why not? A smaller tree means a more finely decorated tree. A bigger tree means the decorations will be more spread out and it'll look like crap!" Skye rebutted, Ollie now making faint anger noises. Jules took her attention away from the arguing duo, noticing that Maya had returned to the main group. She walked over, asking questions about her tree hunt.

"I think I found one that could be enjoyed by all of us, Agent Jules," Maya stated, a confident look in her eyes. Jules chuckled, telling her that she doesn't have to be so formal with the 'Agent' stuff.

"My apologies. I'm still new and I just use it as a sign of respect towards my fellow agents."

"Don't worry 'bout it. Besides, we're all friends here," Jules glanced back over at TNTina and Skye, who were still bickering and didn't notice how half of their group was talking somewhere else, "Well, at least most of us are. Anyways, you don't need to be so formal all the time. It's the holiday season!" She clapped her hands together, an excited grin on her face, "Now! Show us what you found!"

The duo started to wander off, the other two quickly noting their absence and following the pathway back towards the rows of trees.

Eventually, the group was all staring in awe at the tree, their star-struck expressions being thanks enough towards Maya for finding exactly what they needed. Not too big and not too small, the perfect size to fit the main area of the Agency.

"It's perfect!" Skye exclaimed, Ollie now making even happier noises (how was that possible? No one knew.) She jumped over and hugged Maya, who just stood there. She wasn't a fan of physical affection, but she accepted it, hugging Skye back.

Just this once, at least.