4-random sweatshirt

ابدأ من البداية

"Oh! Hi. I heard you were in a dance group and I wanted to check it out." I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Well, now is not a good time sorry." I say coldly. His smile falls.

"Uh-ok." He says before turning around to poof away.

"Wait!" I whisper loudly. Nobody seems to notice me talking to air, which is good.

"Do you want to stay and watch?" His face lights up again.

"Yes! I actually love to dance. I used to dance around I my room until my parents found out. They put me in soccer." He explains. His smile seems to fall a little bit when he talks about his parents.

"That's so cool! I mean not the soccer part. The dancing part. How about you follow my lead." I whisper walking over to the girls.

"So. I have a feeling we are all kinda tired right now. So to give us a bit of a break I thought it would be fun to do some improv aka a dance circle. Katie can you press play?" I say.

The girls make a circle with Carrie in the middle. I see Alex in the corner watching in awe. Suddenly Jackie pushes me into the middle of the circle. I glance over at Alex telling him "come over here" he poofs over to me and copies my dance moves. He is actually a pretty good dancer.

After about 30 minutes of this Carrie and I decide to call it quits. Alex gives me a wave and smile the poofs out.

"Nice job guys. Now the most exciting part... the costumes!" I say.

"Daddy had them custom ordered, and made us cool jackets! See you girls tomorrow!" Carrie says handing out Dirty Candy themed bags full of our new costumes. When all the girls walk out Carrie and I take a seat.

"I'm going to kill Jackie some day. She has the audacity to miss multiple practices, then not practice?! What a loser. I think we should replace her." Carrie says. I mean she's not wrong. This is the 3rd time this year she's done something like this.

"We could have auditions soon. We could probably use the gym, because they like us." I explain. She nods her head.

"Want to stay for dinner? daddy's chef is making his gourmet chicken nuggets! And the vegetarian nuggets for daddy of course." Carrie asks hopefully.

"Well, I think I should probably go home." I say. She nods, already determined to make me stay.

"Nick and Jack are staying for dinner." She adds with a mischievous grin. I've never really talked to her about my crush on Jack, she just kind of knows. She asked me about it freshman year,  claiming it was "super obvious".

"Fine i'll stay." I huff, grabbing my dance bag and pulling it over my shoulder.

"I knew you would come to your senses." She says grabbing her phone. And walking out of the room.

I throw on a sweatshirt I found in Julie's studio. I assume it's Julie's even if i've never seen it before.

"Hey guys!" I say entering Carrie's huge living room. I take a seat next to her. She is currently taking a selfie with Nick, which she's probably going to post on instagram. I look over at Jack, who motions for me to come over.

"That was a hardcore dance practice."

"Yeah. Is lacrosse like that?" I ask. Taking a quick seat next to him.

"It's hard to compare since they are completely different." He says throwing his arm around my shoulder. He looks over at my sweatshirt, looking confused.

"What?" I ask.

"That's a limited addition sweatshirt. They only made about  1,000 in 1994." That's when the realization hit me. This was one of the boys.

"Oh really? My dad gave it to me. He said it used to be his." I say quickly. He seems to buy it. To be honest this is an incredibly comfortable sweatshirt.

"Thats actually so cool. It looks barely worn too." He says, still staring at the sweatshirt. I look over at Carrie who just shrugs.

Carrie's father comes running down the stairs.

"Hey guys!" He says, sending us a wave. As he looks at us, he stops and stares at my sweatshirt.

"In 1994, an-uh- old friend had one of those. He wore it all the time." He reminisces. Excuse me? Why is everyone so obsessed with the sweatshirt?

"Nice." I manage to say. He just nods, and walks away looking directly at my torso. I thought he was creepily checking me out, but then I noticed the large bleach stain that looks like Italy.

"That was weird. Now come eat!" She says dragging me along to to table.

"So weird."