Chapter 21

“Maybe if you weren’t so bad...” Asher trailed off, smirking over at me as he swung our hands together.

“Excuse me?” I laughed pulling him to a stop. “But I was awesome.”

“If Awesome means suckish, then yes babe you did amazing.” He leaned in tucking a hair behind my ear, smirking down at me. His breath fanned across my face and I sucked in a breath. What was he saying?

Lightly shoving him and I rolled my eyes, letting it go. I really did suck at bowling there’s no denying it.

“Hey Asher.” A flirty voice greeted him from across the lot. I instantly stiffened and Asher squeezed my hand in reassurance.

“Hey Kase,” He greeted her back, much too cheerfully for me, even though to anyone else it might have sounded less than friendly.

“What are you doing here?” She giggled shyly while flipping her hair.

“Hanging out with Nora, my girlfriend.” He added smiling over at me and gently squeezed my hand. I want to look at him, to met his gaze but I was distracted by Kasey’s glare. Seriously if looks could kill, I’d be dead a million times.

“Oh. Adorable.” She managed another glare at me before Asher looked back at her and she changed her face completely. She was back to happy go lucky, flirting with my boyfriend. GRR... Wait? Did he say girlfriend? He did, didn’t he? Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I zoned out. He’s my boyfriend! Asher freaking Hudson is MY boyfriend. Ugh I feel like I’ve waited my whole life to say that!

“Nora?” Asher asked waving a hand in front of my face, a smirk appearing on his face at my dazed expression.

“Uh, sorry. What?” I asked confused, looking him in his amused eyes.

He shook his head, laughing as he leaned in pressing his lips to mine.  It started out slow and steady, building with passion. My stomach fluttered with butterflies and my body tingled in delight. I ran my fingers through his soft hair, pulling him closer to me. He pressed harder grabbing my face between his hands and we kissed like we were the only people in the world.

“Shit.” He mumbled against my lips, my eyes fluttered open and an annoying ringing sound surrounded us.

“Mmm..” I trailed off as his thumb ran over my bottom lip. Oh Geez is he trying to kill me?

“My phone’s ringing.” He sighed annoyed taking away his hands from me. My body burned for his touch, seriously, I’m way too attached to him already. I rolled my eyes, annoyed with myself and smiled at Asher as his face lit up. Who was it? My heart pounded wildly in my chest, maybe that was his ex girlfriend and he’s still in love with her and I’m just some fling?

“Hey Nate.” He greeted cheerfully. Okay, maybe an ex-boyfriend? “He did! No way, thanks so much mate, you’re amazing. Yay yay see you later cuz.” Oh.

He hung up and looked at me, his eyes shining so bright I had to suck in a breath. “They loved it!” He shouted grabbing my face and crushing his lips to mine. I kissed him back before i pushed him away, smiling with him despite not knowing what he was talking about.

“Loved what?”

“The audition.” He told me in a duh tone, “Anyway the producer wants to sign us on a trial basis and if we pass that while get the real deal!”

“No way! Asher, that’s amazing!” I cried, congratulating him.

He nodded typing a number into his phone, “I have to call the guys, you don’t mind do you?” He asked cautiously.