Chapter 23

The hardest part about having a broken heart was seeing that person again for the first time. It didn’t happen till two days later when I saw him at school, but even then he avoided me. I cried every night when I was alone in my room, I tried really hard not to cry in front of other people, especially my brother so he couldn’t tell Asher how I felt.

“Come over to my house tonight.” Grace pleaded and I shook my head....again. Why doesn’t she understand that I can’t go to her house anymore, or at least right now when the breakup is so fresh. “But I need you to help me pick out an outfit.” She pouted.

“I’m sure you be fine.” I sighed slamming my locker shut causing her to jump in surprise.

“You’re my best friend,” She pulled on my arm, “please. We’ll sneak around the house so we can avoid him, please don’t let the douche ruin our friendship.”

I nodded, “Fine I’ll come over but only for an hour.” I told her.

She squealed hugging me tightly and then ran off, “Four o’clock, don’t be late this is important.”

I sighed, why did I feel like I was going to regret this? Turning around I wasn’t prepared for another stab to the heart as my eyes connected with his blue eyes. He smirked slightly and my heart shattered into a million little pieces and the hope I had that this was just a temporary breakup floated away. He pulled some girl to him and they began a heated make-out session right in front of me.

I felt my cheeks grow increasingly wet as I stared at the two. I was froze in hurt, I didn’t want to believe this. “Nora. Come on.” Hunter said as he pulled me away from the scene.

I let myself be led out by Hunter as he put me in his car, away from prying eyes. “He’s a douche.” Hunter muttered shaking his head angrily as he put the car in reverse and drove us home. “I guess it’s partly my fault.”

“No it’s not.” I sobbed, “you did nothing wrong Hunter, you were looking out for your friend. I probably would have done the same thing if you were dating Grace.”

He shook his head, “I should have believed you. You’d never cheat on Asher...you love him too much.” He whispered the ending.

“I do love him,” I told him as a wave of pain came over me, “But he won’t listen to me. He..he hates me. I know I should have told him about Harry, I know but I couldn’t, literally. He’s so busy lately that sometimes we go days without talking. I didn’t really bother me until Harry left and Grace got a boyfriend, now I’m alone all the time. I know it sounds clingy and all that but really I was just talking to him.”

“Sorry Nora.” Hunter whispered parking the car in the driveway, “We have been busy but he talks about you all the time and he’d call if we had time off. He was trying to balance chasing his dreams and you at the same time, don’t be so hard on him.”

“Don’t be so hard on him?” I scoffed. “First he wouldn’t listen to me when I tried to explain myself and then he kisses a slut right in front of me!” I rolled my eyes as tears of anger began to run down my face. “How can I not be hard on him? He’s a jerk! I hate him.”

“No you don’t.” Hunter called after me as I slammed the car door and made my way inside.

“Wanna bet.” I hissed sending him a glare over my shoulder as I stormed inside.