sometimes, the brown haired male wished he could read the minds of other people, especially in situations like this. he could easily read the minds of his friends and know what they're thinking without having them voice it out, but then again, that could be an invasion of privacy.

pursing out his lips and spending a minute to think, the light blue haired male came up with an idea and caught jeno's attention, who turned his head back to jisung and focused on what he was going to say upon hearing the other call out for him.

"can i ask you a question?" jisung asked, getting very serious and throwing the brown haired male off guard.

"okay... hit me with it," the said male replied hesitantly, unsure if he should be wary of jisung's sudden demand and change in attitude.

"if you were to witness renjun hyung and jaemin kissing, how would you feel?"

and the feeling of being alone hit him once again. imagining the two of his friends kissing strangely didn't enrage any anger inside of the brown haired male, which was perplexing to jeno since he had a huge crush on renjun.

but rather than feeling anger or jealousy, jeno found himself feeling something else, something aside from the loneliness that he had felt upon hearing jisung's proposal.

the feeling of being left out?

this was something strange to feel, since the brown haired male didn't necessarily have a reason to feel left out. they were his best friends, and sure, even if it did turn out that the two were dating, it wouldn't bother jeno, at least, not much anyway.

but that still didn't ease the fact from the brown haired male's mind. feeling left out was something that the boy didn't think he would actually feel when imagining the scenario that jisung had presented to him. shocked? probably. jealous? most definitely. but left out? that was beyond his imagination.

strangely enough, he didn't feel as jealous as he initially thought he would when prompted by the light blue haired male's question despite his huge crush on renjun. and it didn't help that the brown haired male had no idea as to what this means.

"would you feel angry or jealous because you like renjun?" the light blue haired male asked his friend.

hesitating for a second on whether or not to tell jisung about what he had felt upon hearing the other's question, jeno finally gave an answer by shaking his head.

"nothing of that... but i felt... left out...?" it came out more like a question compared to a confident statement because the brown haired male was still very unsure about what he had felt.

however, saying it out loud to jisung made jeno feel as if what he had just said was true, that he would feel left out upon being put in that situation. it became more of a confirmation once the thought was vocalized, but it still wasn't one hundred percent.

"exactly, that's probably how jaemin fel- wait what? did... did you say... left out?"

not even thinking about the fact that the light blue haired had mentioned jaemin, the only reply that the brown haired male could give was a shrug and a questioning look. even he didn't actually know for sure if that's how he felt, and by this point, it had become a back and forth debate about it.

but now jeno knew that it was a possibility for him to feel left out if that were the case. and he didn't like the feeling at all.

"are you sure it's not just jealously from renjun hyung being able to kiss jaemin?" the light blue haired male suggested, and the other shook his head. he knew what jealously felt like, and it wasn't like this.