VIII

Years have passed, and Jungwon's dream of being known worldwide became true

Years have passed, and Jungwon's dream of being known worldwide became true. They got interviews here and there, invites from shows left and right, lives for fans, concerts, fan greets, anything idols do- you name it. And to top it of, he also had an important role in the group as he was a leader. Finally, all his hard work and crying sessions thinking he can't do it and was in the verge of giving up payed off.

Amidst of the such hectic schedule he was in, he still enjoyed it and had fun with his members. But of course, they can't ignore the sad and little fights sometimes.

They were traveling out of country, and he was packing up for a three-week concert and vacation. He started with his clothes, then moved to his essentials and other things he would bring when he travels.

While he was busy stuffing and searching for things at his medium-sized closet, he suddenly found a phone. Memories then came rushing back to him, especially those heart breaking ones that left a really heavy impact to his pre-debut self back then, like he lost a magical opportunity.

He ran to their kitchen and snatched some tissues and used it to wipe the few dusts on its screen.

He turned it on, and luckily it didn't need a password. He checked the apps and some photos he saved. It was mostly his photos with his friends and family. There were pictures of sceneries he found amusing and calm.

One picture caught his attention. It was a stolen picture of a girl-

The one that got away, he would say.

Suddenly, tears started streaming on his face, almost looking like a river. He can't explain his feeling right now, why?

Why was he crying? Is it tears of joy or tears of sadness? Why was he feeling it? Was she that important to him?

He wiped his tears off his face and chuckled lightly. He felt stupid crying over a small memory and a phone.

He hurriedly packed, very eager to finish so that he could jump on his bed to lay down and think about...his feelings for that girl.

Since he was about to debut, he knew he was gonna be busy. He couldn't go out easily anymore too, which also meant he couldn't visit the café anymore.

That was why he waited patiently for her at the café though she did not show up but luckily found her on his way home- to ask for her number. He knew he'd be forced to end connections with his friends and social medias, so he kept their conversations a secret.

But of course, it didn't last. Someone informed their manager about Jungwon and their chats. Probably one of the staffs who disliked him so much with a childish reason. He was forced to discard the phone and end the only connection with her. Though it pained him, he couldn't afford to betray their debut and start from zero again.

So he had to sacrifice.

Months after he ghosted her, he moved on from her. He buried that feeling and promised to never open it up again.

But then, he never regretted having feelings for her.

Then came the day of their flight. They were now at the airport. He rubbed his eyes and streched his back before getting out. He adjusted his mask first and wore his jacket. There were fans surrounding them, paparazzi and bodyguards blocking the crowd from their way. They greeted some of their fans and waved to the cameras, sometimes striking some poses before heading to the departure area.

The departure area wasn't that stuffed as outside. The people there were minding their own business and some were munching on foods and was on their phones. He sat on a seat and stared at nothing. Their private plane got delayed but they were told it was only for a good fifteen minutes so they had to wait.

He missed living a normal life. You know, just being a normal student, freely interacting with people and such. He chuckled and brushed off that thought. Suddenly, he saw a girl walking to the seats in front of him. It was her.

" I don't know who you are, but I'll save you a seat, hang my coat on a chair next to me "

He felt dopamine rushing all over his body. The memories of him getting excited everytime she steps inside the café flashed back. Him saving the seat beside him, just for her so that they could talk and laugh.

" I tried to reassure the waiter, say you're down the street; he laughed at me "

He felt tears strolling down on his face again. How he lied to the waiter and the student on that day just for the seat but then gave in because she sadly didn't show up.

" so here's to you... "

A security guard was walking towards their direction- he knew it was time. He mentally prayed for heavens to spare more time before they leave. He wanted to approach her. He wants to. He badly wants to.

His group members were already walking while he was there, just standing, hesitating to follow them or not. He cried even harder, trying his best to not make a noise and wiping off the tears that were staining his face. "Sir, we're leaving now. Did you forgot to bring something?" one of their bodyguards asked. He breathed in and out and shooked his head. The bodyguard nodded as a respond.

He started taking small, heavy steps. Their first interaction. Her out on the rain. Her eyes. Her laugh. His hidden feelings towards her. Their connection. He hasn't even confessed to her.

He muttered a small 'sorry', thinking she would be able to hear it.

He finally had the courage to leave.

And that was the end for the boy and his forever hidden feelings for the mysterious girl he met at the café.

" the most beautiful thing that I have never seen. "

╭────────────
╰─➛✎﹏ | author's note:

it sucks lol