☿: Phantom Traveler

"Woah there." After staying out all night, Em had tried to sneak back into the hotel room with Sam. But Dean pulled a large knife from under his pillow on them. "Morning to you too."

"What time is it?" Dean asked after waiting for Em to climb in bed with him, laying his head on her stomach as he put the knife under his pillow again.

"5:45." Sam answered.

"In the morning?!"

"Yep."

"Where does the day go?" Dean sighed, turning his head to look at Sam. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple of hours." He lied, Em scoffing.

"Liar. Cause I was up at three waiting for Em and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial." Dean called him out.

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV." Sam said as a joke, trying to change the subject.

"How long has it been since you've gotten a good night's sleep?" Em asked as she ran her fingers through Dean's hair, nearly putting him back to sleep.

"A little while, I guess." Sam shrugged. "It's not a big deal."

"Yeah it is." Dean stated, sitting up on his bed.

"Look, I appreciate your concern." Sam said as he tried to dismiss it.

"I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp." Dean said, Em pushing him away from her while mumbling 'it's actually my job but whatever.' "Seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess?"

Skipping to when they get to that dude's job...

"Thanks for making the trip so quick." Jerry Panowski said as the three followed him to his office. "I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Em, Dean, and your dad really helped me out."

He turned to Sam and said that, Em lightly scratching her head as she recalled the memory.

"Yeah, Dean told me. It was a poltergeist?" Sam asked as they were walking past a worker.

"Poltergeist? Man, I love that movie!"

"Hey! Nobody's talking to you! Keep walking!" Jerry yelled at him, Em nudging Dean as they shared amused looks. "Damn right it was a poltergeist. Practically tore our house apart. Tell you something,"

Em rose a brow when Jerry looked over in her and Dean's direction.

"...if it wasn't for you three, I probably wouldn't be alive. Your dad said you were off to college, right?" Jerry asked Sam, moving away from the sentimental reminiscing.

"Yeah, I was. I'm....taking some time off."

"Poor guy still thinks he's going back." Em mumbled lowly, neither of the brothers hearing her.

"Well, he was real proud of you. I could tell. He talked about you all the time." Jerry said in his usual upbeat tone.

"All. The. Time." Em grumbled. "Like, we get it Johnny. You're proud of Sam for rebelling to use his brain. Now focus before I get hit again."

"Really?" Sam asked, not believing them. "He did?"

"Yeah, you bet he did." Jerry turned back and flashed Sam a smile, remembering something and turning to Dean. "Oh, hey. I tried to get a hold of him but I couldn't. How's he doing anyway?"

"He's, um, wrapped up in a job right now." Dean said as he shared a look with his brother.

"Well, we're missing the old man and we get Sam. Even trade, huh?" Jerry joked as he turned back around, the four of them chuckling.