☿: Wendigo

"Remember the time I had to dance for a job?" Dean grinned widely.

"Ooooh yeah."

"Remember that bar fight you started because one dude grabbed my ass?" Em asked, Dean smiling and nodding at the memory. They were currently heading towards the location John was sending them to and Em had decided to bring up old memories.

"Yeah, not my calmest moment."

"And not good for the other guys. You really fucked them up." They laughed before Sam jolted up, Em smiling sadly at him. "Another nightmare?"

Sam cleared his throat and looked away from the two of them. Em ruffled his hair before leaning back in her seat and grabbing a pouch and her book.

"Hey Sanity?" Em called out after a moment passed.

"Yeah?"

"What's a nightmare like?" Sam turned in his seat and found her curious eyes on him. "Is it bad?"

"Right. You don't sleep." He mumbled as a reminder, Em nodding and waiting his answer. "Nightmares are.....scary..."

"Sam, what's scarier than the monsters we hunt? A dream? Something that may seem real but it's not?" Em questioned him as she turned her eyes back to her book. "And you're wrong. I can sleep."

Dean pressed the brakes at her words and she shot up immediately, the man raising a hand to stop her from lecturing him.

"You can friggin sleep? So what, you never do?"

"Because my dreams are horrible memories that I don't want to relive." Em waved them off and laid back, continuing to read as Dean started driving again. "We're just outside of Grand Junction, Sanity."

"Would you stay out of my head?"

"I wasn't. It was an obvious question." Em made a face and wacked Dean on the back of his head with her book, the man having a smirk on his face. "Why don't you focus on driving."

"Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon."

"Sanity, we dug around for a week and came up with nothing. You wanna find the thing that killed your girl, you gotta find your old man." Em wacked Sam on the back of the head when he mocked her. "And stop mocking me."

"First dad disappearing, and now this thing popping up again after twenty years. It's no coincidence. Dad'll have answers, he'll know what to do." Dean said when the two of them started arguing, bringing them back to the topic at hand.

"These coordinates..." Sam turned back when Em tapped his shoulder with something, taking the GPS and plugging in the coordinates. "They lead us to....Black Water Ridge?"

"What about it?"

"Of course he wouldn't know. Doesn't use the upstairs brain." Dean sent her a look through the mirror. "No you will not."

"Oh we both know that I will." Em shut her mouth and went back to reading her book, Sam looking between the two of them in slight confusion as Dean nodded. "Thought so."

"What?"